Best day of my life

pro00

:
2000 1.6L Protege
As many of you may know, esp. from VA, I went to Pharmacy school for the past 4 years in Richmond, VA, at the MCV/VCU school of Pharmacy. Needless to say, it was hell and a major pain. However, on May 19th, this is the day that I officially graduated from School of Pharmacy with a degree in a Doctor of Pharmacy.
That was a fantastic day. I was thrilled, proud and almost cried of much happiness. However, many people didn't know that the suffering didn't end there.
There is one more obstacle that I need to get over with, and that is the licensure (Passing the board of pharmacy). That is seriously a major headache. I studied since the last week of May till July 3rd when I took the exam. I walked out of that exam, thinking, well, there went 1000 dollars for taking the test and my future, there was no way I would have passed it. I was almost all about Pediatric Pharmacy in the hosptial pharmacy, something that was not my strongest area. Anyway, long story short, I finally recieved my letter from the board of pharmacy yesterday...

Guess what the letter was about?!?!?!?!

I PASSED THE FREAKING THING!!!

After 6 weeks of solid studying, stressing and no life, being more broke than ever, i finally could start working and living the life.

I just wanted to share that with you guys, many of my friends in the virginia knew about me being in school and i just suddenly would drop of the face of the earth, then come back again. But, i am back for good now, many things i want to catch up with, and start enjoying life again.

wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i doubt the getting a job thing is that hard.
from what i hear places are hurting for pharmacy types and they rake it.

good work boss, a tough ride for sure.

good for you man.. thanks for sharing it with us!
hope it inspires others to set goals and accomplish them.

Congrats!!!! I prescribe that you get a job so the checks start rolling in to help you forget the last four years of pain and suffering.

I envy you. I'm just starting my p2 year. I hear that disease state management is a killer. Wish me luck. Haha.

RedHotP5 said:
Congrats!!!! I prescribe that you get a job so the checks start rolling in to help you forget the last four years of pain and suffering.

you forgot to prescribe him a couple of beers so he can celebrate properly :D

Congrats...One of my good friends has worked for Walgreens for about 7 years and he RAKES in the cash...plus he works graveyard shift so 7 days on - 7 days off...Needless to say, he goes on vacations 2 weeks a month...

Good luck, and I hope you like sick people, cause that's you clientelle..

Thank you guys for the kind words, even though it was nightmarish and times, now looking back, it was some of my best years ever. I shouldn't have taken those times for granted. About work, I will be working for Target Pharmacy in the Fredericksburg area, VA. It is about 1.5 hour from DC and 1 hour from Richmond, and cheaper than both. It is a growing town, but not hustle bustle like i like it. But, I am ok with it.

About money, yes, it is good money, but don't forget 2 things....
1. Tax bracket, federal tax before state or anything is 35%
2. I have 100K dollars in loans.... yea.... that is a s*** load.

But, hey, I am no longer a student, lol. I have one final test, regarding law taht I am studying for, but that is simple compared to the NAPLEX (board exam) that I just took.

Back