BC coilovers installed-PICS

wtf i went 32(most hard) in the front and 18 in the rear

how do you put it to 32 when it is only a 30 way adjustable dampening? My reasoning was slightly softer up front to keep the wheels down better and keep the rear stiff so it will oversteer more easily than understeer. I drove my car pretty hard into and out of some corners so far and it is well balanced where I have it at currently.

How did you set up the rear shock height to match the rear springs to prevent bouncing?

I put the springs under a little load to simulate the weight of the car on them, and then adjusted the shock height to be right there where it would sit when its on the ground. It is not bouncy at all it recovers from road bumps very quickly now and holds the road much better than stock. I feel that this is how mazda should have made it from the factory. any lower in the rear and it would have too much spring pressure and bounce for sure.

looking good man. i had my BCs set at 16/30 in the front and 12/30 in the rear. It rode like stock almost that way. I now have my front at 25 and back at 20 due to my low offset wheel. good luck, and ill try and help with any questions you got.

damn...u guys light it stiff! I ride around 14F and 14R and its still a lil harsh for my liking. How does 20-30 feel?? Are u guys worried about blowing them out? SU had told me never to go over 18 on the street becuase of unknown road debris.

Nice pictures man!

I'm curious, why's everyone running the rear softer? Isn't the spring rate in the rear only like 220 compared to the fronts 320? I'm running 10 front/12 rear.

those look like crap, take them off and send them to me. I guess I can take them off you for free this one time..... =)

^^^haha I will send them right away j/k. I set my dampening by putting them at 15 (the middle) and then going one click softer up front and one click harder in the rear. so its like 14f and 16r i guess? I love them so far.

Nice pictures man!

I'm curious, why's everyone running the rear softer? Isn't the spring rate in the rear only like 220 compared to the fronts 320? I'm running 10 front/12 rear.

thanks. I ran the rear more firm as well to help with body roll and to help keep it more balanced in turns. I dont think having the front stiffer on fwd is good it would kill traction but I am not sure i havent played around with them and i dont know anything about suspension.

Back