Bastian's P5 on a college budget

here are some pics of the wheels I got, they're still kind of dirty. I haven't had a chance to clean them up yet.

I'll probably be painting my calipers silver during the process of putting the new wheels on

E5DD0D48-9F79-431F-9557-6DCF3F0FE8A8-966-0000012AE2DD1668_zps512d3911.jpg

^Don't mind that this wheel happens to be the one with the tire that needs replacing, I just grabbed the closest one to take a picture of...

441AA870-4E73-4445-B2A8-082972C81D6F-966-0000012ADA81A05B_zpsc3611658.jpg

If i ever decide to get a whisper bar system just because I can, ill let you know :D

Please do (2thumbs) lol

Last edited:
the fairing is currently sitting in my garage, I might be selling it soon...

I dropped my wheels off at the tire shop today, I'm getting two General G-MAX AS-03's for the two front wheels. The other two good Toyo tires will stay on the wheels and go on the back. Hopefully picking them up tonight.

I'm heading up to the mall after dinner to go buy an impact wrench for the family (2thumbs)

picked up some new lug nuts today to replace the mismatching rusty ones currently on my car when the new wheels go on

steve I meant to ask you... do you know what kind of paint was used for these wheels? There's a couple of spots I'd like to touch up. I like the color so I want to match it instead of respraying the whole wheels

I have the same wheels and with black plastidip they look nice. Going to re-dip my wheels tomorrow. Will put photos up.

quick question, are there any differences between the rear motor mounts of a manual trans P5 and an auto P5? For some reason, autozone's website lists the rear motor mount as "application: automatic transmission" and gives options for both manual and automatic front motor mounts (which are identical AFAIK) but no manual trans rear motor mount

So I was backing out of a driveway the last night while I was on a delivery shift and misjudged how close the curb was... ripped my passenger side rear mudflap clean off. So, I took the other one off today too. haha

also we're in the process of re-siding the house, don't mind the mess...

may have to do it myself.

This is where I got mine: http://www.rallyarmor.com/store/universal-basic-mud-flap-red-logo-p-349.html

also, note that with my incident, the screws ripped out of the plastic bumper. The mudflaps were fine. And if you do decide to mount flaps, be sure to mount your rears at least an inch higher than mine were. On stock suspension, they rubbed CONSTANTLY if I had people in the back seat. On stiffer aftermarket suspension, it might not be so bad.

Hey man i'm actually the guy that sprayed those p5 wheels way back when, they were one my car while it was in storage. the color they are painted is krylon oil rubbed bronze with a few coats of clear on them

btw were you over in the mission hill roxbury crossing area the other day? could have swore i saw your p5

Last edited:
hey, awesome, thanks for the info. The color really does look great on them, in my opinion. It's funny seeing a picture of the wheels in their past life.

also, I don't think I was in Roxbury at all, unless my memory fails me.

Family car wash yesterday. My car is already covered in pollen again, one day later (hand)

Back