Back in the fold

Anyway, back to the thread topic..

Happy to hear you'll be back in a CX-5 @Anchorman! I hope it treats you well. It sounds like you're getting the 2.5 NA engine? Does the GT trim come standard with the colour-matched trim, or is it an option? I thought that maybe only the Signature trim would be colour-matched.
Thanks Mike. I think the GT is your signature so it comes with brown nappa leather ventilated seats and in this new version they are CX30 seats and a body colours trim round the bottom.

Thanks Mike. I think the GT is your signature so it comes with brown nappa leather ventilated seats and in this new version they are CX30 seats and a body colours trim round the bottom.

Ahhh that makes sense. What's going to happen with the NX if you get the new CX-5? Is it a lease?

The high-tech adaptive LED headlights have nothing to do with replacing the function of the front fog lights.
Said in the article you posted:

Those companies say their latest high-tech headlights make separate fog lamps unnecessary.

Said in the article you posted:

Yes, but the rest of the quote that you left out elaborates on what that first sentence says. Basically, at least in the case of the CX-5, base level modern headlights already illuminate most, if not all of the area that the fog lights are meant to illuminate. That makes the function of the fog lights redundant.

If that weren't enough, fog lights aren't mandatory or regulated by the govt, and they aren't considered in independent safety tests, which Mazda may use the results of to market their product. So, IMO, they're gone because they offer very little additional functionality, because they aren't mandatory, and because Mazda stands to save a few bucks by getting rid of them. At least, that's what I think.

Ahhh that makes sense. What's going to happen with the NX if you get the new CX-5? Is it a lease?
The NX was on a 2 year PCP (a purchase/lease plan) and is due up at the end of the year. I came away from diesel because it is steadily being outlawed in Europe. The NX was a really good price but now it’s on the run out I can only order the new one with no discount so very expensive. Mine is actually rising in value every month because there are no new cars but there’s no new Mazda either. They’re telling me January for the facelifted model but I don’t think they really know. We’ll see, I’ll keep this thread updated.

Back