Autocrossing time!

Minimazda

:
Mazda 2 sport, 2012
Went to my first autocross in over 3 months, felt great to be out there again btw. This was my 4th ever autocross and I can feel myself improving every time. In the morning it was a wet track and at my best I ran a 46.036 but hit a cone at the start. Then I was doing better than the speed protege, protege 5 boosted, speed3, and matched an rx-8, I was keeping up with the best of them =). Come the after noon though I was stuck at a 47 and no matter what I did I couldn't get lower. My car has a lot more potential and could have gotten even better times but I lack experience. The track was set up for power, since it was for a corvette racing club that was expected.
On my car now I have corksport exhaust & racepipe, cs torsion bar, cs strut bar, cs sway bar, cs skid plate, cs intake, H&R springs, moog swaybar endlinks, and Dynotronics tune. Running with BFG G-force Sport comp-2's on some heavy 15's I felt no body roll. My car has never felt so solid on the ground, those turns were nothing on the car. No under/oversteer, I felt confident in the car and knew it could handle so much more but aside from my lack of skill to deliver I was trying to be gentle on the tires since those are my dailies.
I gotta give credit to Corksport for making great parts for the car and with the way my car handled yesterday I couldn't be happier with them.
By the time I left yesterday no one was doubting the skill of a female driver and a tiny 100hp automatic car. I got A LOT of comments on my performance...and to my disike, hit on a few times -_-....

I can't wait to get my car out there more and really show people what a mazda2 can do!
View attachment autocross times.pdf

I'm scheduled to take the local auto club's driving school in a couple of weeks. Expect to do at least a little autocross for the first time this year.

I will make it out there again soon =). Right now I just need to focus on getting some dedicated autocross tires and rims.

Back