ATP turbo upgrade!!!

If you want to go with this setup, go with the GT35R turbo. The Gt30R is no good on the Mazda 2.3 engine. I have already tried these turbos. The GT35R with a .63 A/R turbine housing is very responsive for the street and for higher boost, the .82 A/R housing will boost the power by about 70 WHP. We have made 502 WHP on the 2.0 liter Mazda 3 and 589 on the 2.3 liter.

HiBoost TS said:
If you want to go with this setup, go with the GT35R turbo. The Gt30R is no good on the Mazda 2.3 engine. I have already tried these turbos. The GT35R with a .63 A/R turbine housing is very responsive for the street and for higher boost, the .82 A/R housing will boost the power by about 70 WHP. We have made 502 WHP on the 2.0 liter Mazda 3 and 589 on the 2.3 liter.

Care to go into more detail as to why a 30R [which variant] is no good but a 35R is?

Thanks,

Aaron

You see I had my brother run the numbers of the gt30 turbo. He used the compressor map to help with his figures. He said that the gt30 would spool up fast and have the right power at the right time and through the power band. Also the srt-4 motor is a 2.3 and uses a turbo that is pretty close to the gt30 for its stage three upgrade. The gt30 would start to apply it power roughly about the same time the factory one does and hold that power close to the redline. The gt35 wont start spooling till about 4k or so. To me that seems a little to late. I personally will go with the GT30 with about 20 psi(when $3k becomes avaliable). Should be good for about 350 bhp. But what do I know......

benzo said:
You see I had my brother run the numbers of the gt30 turbo. He used the compressor map to help with his figures. He said that the gt30 would spool up fast and have the right power at the right time and through the power band. Also the srt-4 motor is a 2.3 and uses a turbo that is pretty close to the gt30 for its stage three upgrade. The gt30 would start to apply it power roughly about the same time the factory one does and hold that power close to the redline. The gt35 wont start spooling till about 4k or so. To me that seems a little to late. I personally will go with the GT30 with about 20 psi(when $3k becomes avaliable). Should be good for about 350 bhp. But what do I know......

Ok a few things wrong here,

The SRT has a 2.4. [ours is now stroked to 2.6], and the stage 3 turbo isnt even close to the size of a GT30, unless we are talking 3071..than yes that is failry similar in power output. We see around 400whp@20-22psi with a 3071 in SRTs on pump gas.

Which gt30 variant are we talking about here anyway? 3076, 3040, 3071?

1FASTMP5 said:
Aaron are you going to be tuning MSP3's? (glare)

Working on getting everything in order. Doing alot of research and talking to alot of current mazda tuners. I dont just plop my butt in front of a dyno and call myself a mazda expert. I most likely wont even touch one untill spring [after I feel my knowledge is good enough]

There is alot more to tuning than watching a/fs. (attn) I need to know the ins and outs of each car Im working on.

Aaron@Realtune said:
Working on getting everything in order. Doing alot of research and talking to alot of current mazda tuners. I dont just plop my butt in front of a dyno and call myself a mazda expert. I most likely wont even touch one untill spring [after I feel my knowledge is good enough]

There is alot more to tuning than watching a/fs. (attn) I need to know the ins and outs of each car Im working on.

I dont want to be a guineepig but Im up for some tuning :)

2497424_33_full.jpg

Aaron@Realtune said:

sweet deal! i want to see some track results on slicks :)

Back