Anyone have the remote start, rear backup sensors or tow hitch option?

@chinq6t

Unfortunately, it sounds like your dealer didn't know much about the way the remote start works (unless somehow Mazda makes different units for the different trim levels: mine is a Grand Touring). The car most assuredly turns off when the door opens. I wish it wasn't the case and if you see one different please let me know and I will go gripe to my dealer to get it switched out!

I had it put in my touring(mazda oem) and I am sorry for doing it.the motor DOES shut down when door is opened and I was told it will let you turn heater/ac and defrost on and check temp in car,THIS IS UNTRUE.All it does is start/stop it and turn rear defrost on.I tried bestbuy and a couple other places around here and they said they cannot install one on a cx 5 yet plus dealer (checked with 2 other dealers also)and mazda said warranty would be voided if aftermarket so I just got a OEM

Sorry @icedone, that sucks. They told me the same thing about the climate control but when I asked for details they told me that they were basing that off of the Auto climate control in the GT since it will cool or heat to get to the temp set... sneaky salespeople...

Best,

David

I see the cost of the Mazda OEM starter is $525 when building a car, but does anyone know the total cost to have one installed after delivery?

see if your dealer will match mazdagear.com(sorry if no links allowed).My dealer orig. said 625 parts + 140 install + tax but got them to match at 481 parts + 120 install,saved enough to get spash guards and window vents ;)..As for remote I will have to find time this weekend to get pic but its just slightly larger than key fob with 3 buttons on right (function,start,stop) and two on left(car find,program)

see if your dealer will match mazdagear.com(sorry if no links allowed).My dealer orig. said 625 parts + 140 install + tax but got them to match at 481 parts + 120 install,saved enough to get spash guards and window vents ;)..As for remote I will have to find time this weekend to get pic but its just slightly larger than key fob with 3 buttons on right (function,start,stop) and two on left(car find,program)

Photos of remote:
https://plus.google.com/photos/101673286598108152292/albums/5787729238909147665?authkey=CIG_046ovbnOfg

Best,

David

Back