anyone ever had their fuel injectors replaced under warranty??

sticka69

I have a 2007 CX 7 with almost 90k miles.

at 87k miles, threw a CEL and got it looked at by dealer saying it was the fuel injector and it was replaced under warranty.

I have the Mazda Total Confidence 100k mile warranty.

at 89k miles, threw another CEL and had it looked at by dealer and they said its the injector. Wanted to leave it with dealership and get a loaner.
No loaner avail but mechanic told service advisor that it would be ok to drive.

Drove about 40 miles and car starts to sputter, jerk, and I can not give it gas and it idles horribly.

Get a rental, out of my own pocket, and have it towed to dealer using Mazda roadside assistance-no problems with that.

now dealer says...Oh BTW, its your fuel line that is causing the fuel injector to go bad...I think well this wasn't mentioned the first time but now it is and now the warranty rep is saying they wont cover the cost of fuel line since its not covered and I still need the bad injector replaced.

anyone else experience this and what was the outcome?

the service manager is trying to discuss what options there are with Mazda directly. I feel they started a precedent by replacing the fuel injector the first time and now should feel obligated to replace the other 3. plus being told it will be ok to drive when at that time it could of been just the fuel line but driving it more-made the inj go bad.

sorry for my rant but this is after I went thru 3 ACs, had timing chain/vvt replaced in Nov 2014, all piston rings replaced in Dec 2014 due to blow by in cyl 3, and one faulty fuel inj in Jan 2015.

Back