anyone condition their CV boot joints or brake caliper boots ?

:
2013 CX-9 AWD, 2016.5 CX-5 AWD
just wondering if anyone conditions their CV boot joints or brake caliper boots to prevent them from drying out and cracking ?

read somewhere some products do more damage than good, so just wondering if anyone here can recommend something or better to just leave those

rubber parts alone...... thanks in advance.

The CV boot has grease inside that will likely migrate through the rubber to keep it from drying out and cracking, the key is to make sure it keeps its shape to minimize bending the rubber the wrong way.

No. This is completely reliant on the quality of the material itself. Come companies use crap, some don't. I am unsure about Mazda yet.

No. This is completely reliant on the quality of the material itself. Come companies use crap, some don't. I am unsure about Mazda yet.
Yep, it used to be that Toyota used a boot more heat resistant on the CV joints closer to the transmission, don't know about them anymore. My first Corrolla went over 10 years without it's first boot going bad. As far a silicone goes, whenever I do an oil change I squirt silicone into the control arm bushings and maybe might hit the CV boots. I don't really know if it really does any good.

Back