2018 CX-5 Anyone worried about the Unintended Acceleration/Service Brakes problem?

As suggested, get the vehicle checked and I wouldn't give this another thought. Life is too short to manufacture what could, might happen. enjoy your vehicle. Ed

If it makes you feel any better, 12k miles on our 19 touring awd in 3.5 months and not a single issue thus far (had recall done). Never experienced anything remotely resembling unintended acceleration. Some people like to put down others cars to make themselves feel better about what they spent money on.

Enjoy your new ride...it drives a hell of a lot better than the competition in a similar price range

Thank you to everyone for the advice, I much appreciate it and your feedback.

At this time I've decided to go ahead and keep it. At least for 4 years, and then I'll upgrade again and be able to get something even newer like a 2022 or 2023. This car will hold its value well.

I do like everything about the car. It's the perfect size for me and is exactly what I was looking for in size and styling and driving dynamics. The seat bottom is a little short, I have long legs, it doesn't come up far enough to support my legs, needs a more forward bolster, but I knew about that before getting it, I orderded a https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) that may help, we will see. I also need to get a arm rest cushion cause I like to sit high and my arm doesn't reach the console, heh, but those are very minor comfort issues I can get around. I also got a headrest pillow and the official sun visor for the windshield.

I got the cylinder deactivation recall fix. The next time I take it to get an oil change I'm thinking about talking with them about the jerkiness issue and see if they've heard anything about that and if maybe they can look into that. I'm also going to ask if they can update the Connect software.

Otherwise, like I said I like everything about the car. I got a really good deal on it, it's loaded, all the features of the GT with the unique mazda grey color and the white leather interior, plus some added things that aren't standard like the rear parking sensors package, seal plates, mud flaps, weather mats, roof rails, tinted driver and passenger windows, tonneau cover, and it was 28K at Carmax, after my downpayment I only owe 25K, so it was a good deal.

So I'm just going to drive it, and enjoy it and keep the maintenance up on it and not worry about it. BTW, this is my first Mazda. This is the newest, and least amount of milliage on a car I've ever had.

Thanks all

Last edited:
I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we are enjoying ours. May I suggest, when you are ready to purchase a replacement, that you spend time checking forums and other reviews of the vehicle before you buy. Don't buy on price only. I did that with a boat one time and learned my lesson. Check and verify before you sign on the dotted line.

Thank you to everyone for the advice, I much appreciate it and your feedback.

At this time I've decided to go ahead and keep it. At least for 4 years, and then I'll upgrade again and be able to get something even newer like a 2022 or 2023. This car will hold its value well.

I do like everything about the car. It's the perfect size for me and is exactly what I was looking for in size and styling and driving dynamics. The seat bottom is a little short, I have long legs, it doesn't come up far enough to support my legs, needs a more forward bolster, but I knew about that before getting it, I orderded a https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) that may help, we will see. I also need to get a arm rest cushion cause I like to sit high and my arm doesn't reach the console, heh, but those are very minor comfort issues I can get around. I also got a headrest pillow and the official sun visor for the windshield.

I got the cylinder deactivation recall fix. The next time I take it to get an oil change I'm thinking about talking with them about the jerkiness issue and see if they've heard anything about that and if maybe they can look into that. I'm also going to ask if they can update the Connect software.

Otherwise, like I said I like everything about the car. I got a really good deal on it, it's loaded, all the features of the GT with the unique mazda grey color and the white leather interior, plus some added things that aren't standard like the rear parking sensors package, seal plates, mud flaps, weather mats, roof rails, tinted driver and passenger windows, tonneau cover, and it was 28K at Carmax, after my downpayment I only owe 25K, so it was a good deal.

So I'm just going to drive it, and enjoy it and keep the maintenance up on it and not worry about it. BTW, this is my first Mazda. This is the newest, and least amount of milliage on a car I've ever had.

Thanks all

Brent, glad to hear. I am all about the in car knick-knacks (extremely popular in Japan).

I use a memory foam cushion for my center console
61xmcoBZbYL._SL1001_.jpg

and a strange product called Elbow Friend I found on Amazon to provide support for my arms during long drives.

Tags removed on both. I feel they add comfort during longer drives.

Back