Any1 else have a leaky power steering pump?

MD5

:
06 Carbon Gray Touring 5
My power steering felt like it was fighting me about 2 weeks ago, and I checked the PS fluid and it was low. It took 6 ounces. I had to put the rest of the bottle (6 more ounces) in it yesterday because the feeling had come back.

I'm taking it in today to have it looked at. I'm getting spotting under the car in my garage and I'd like to know what's going on. Since it's under warranty, I'll just let Mazda look at it instead of doing it myself.

I'm just kind of amazed at this, I've never had an issue like this with any new car, let alone a Japanese import.

Matt

Well that is surprising as it's not really a common problem, esp in a brand new car. But I wouldn't worry about it, nothings perfect and it was probably just a fluke. Beemers and Porsches have things break too, I'm sure. ;)

Good luck and let us know what they find.

usually when u steer to the extreme and hold it there for a long time, it busts the pump or tubing and also when u steer without letting the car move. could be from these issues, but i dunno

Got a call from the dealership today. The bottom hose is faulty and that is what is causing the leak.

They had to order a new one via overnight courier and it should be here in the morning. He said it should be finished after lunch tomorrow.

The bad thing is that I work nights and will get home and 3 hours of sleep when I'll have to get up and go get it.. Then I'll get home and fight going back to sleep...

Got the car back Thurdsay afternoon. Like I posted, the power steering hose was shot. Since I work nights my wife went to pick up the car. If I'd went, I would have asked to see it just to see what the issue was.

Oh well, I haven't even had a chance to drive it yet. The wife is bogarding it.

(flash)

Got the car back Thurdsay afternoon. Like I posted, the power steering hose was shot. Since I work nights my wife went to pick up the car. If I'd went, I would have asked to see it just to see what the issue was.

Oh well, I haven't even had a chance to drive it yet. The wife is bogarding it.

(flash)

LOL

Yes it would have been nice to see the hose and examine why it failed.(dunno)

Just discovered at least one of the PS hoses is leaking while changing oil. Brought it to the dealer and they will order one for warranty replacement.

It's a very small leak, PS fluid didn't drop much.

Back