Any way to disable amber running lights?

IMG_4206.jpeg

When the running lights/low beams are switched on, the amber inner lights, which also function as the turn signal, turn on. Is there any way to disable this? I just want the projectors on only. Maybe a fuse to pull or in software?

You’re asking for the front amber turn signals acting as just the front turn signals, nothing else. This’s the international standard but unfortunately car makers have to accommodate the mandated amber front side markers by US DOT. They usually use the dual filament amber light bulb such as 7444NA to serve the purpose for both turn signal and parking / side marker and reduce the manufacturing cost. Here this’s what I have done on my 2016 CX-5 GT with LED headlights and DRLs to imitate that International turn signal configuration which is exactly what you want:

Simplest Mod for Your 2016 CX-5 Front Turn Signals with LED Lightings

I believe your front turn signal and parking use the same dual filament 7444NA bulb, but you do have the separate amber front side marker bulbs on gen-2 CX-5. You can follow my procedure and cut one of the wires for parking light (thinner filament) on 7444NA bulb. And you can easily remove the side marker bulb if you prefer not to have amber front sided markers.

On my 2016 CX-5 with LED headlights it also comes with the LED Signature accent strip DRLs which also serve as front parking lights along with amber turn signals / parking lights. Hence when I disabled the amber parking lights, I still have the LED accent strip DRLs serving as the front parking lights. I believe if you have higher-trimmed gen-2 CX-5 with LED acccng strips, your setup should be similar to mine. If yours has different setup, you may have to loose the front parking lights with my mod.

I use these bulbs I bought a few years back. They are very bright and aren't illuminated when the headlights are on, only when the turn signals are in use.

Those aren't available anymore but you could find another 7440 LED with built in resistors like these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I use these bulbs I bought a few years back. They are very bright and aren't illuminated when the headlights are on, only when the turn signals are in use.

Those aren't available anymore but you could find another 7440 LED with built in resistors like these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
It’s a good idea to use a 7440 NA (natural amber) compatible LED for the purpose we discussed above as 7440 is a single filament bulb which can support only one function as the turn signal. But you can’t fit in the 7440 bulb into a 7444 or 7443 bulb socket as the base is a little different between 7440 single filament bulb and 7444 / 7443 dual filament bulbs. If the aftermarket 7440 NA compatible LED has a universal base which can fit into both 7440 and 7444 / 7443 bulb sockets, it’d be ideal to achieve the purpose without the parking light function as long as the 7440 LED is properly inserted with correct orientation.

It works fine for me. No dash light, no hyperflash. Also want to mention it syncs up perfectly with the side mirror signal, unlike the filament bulb.

OP doesn't want the bulb to be illuminated when headlights/parking lights are on so 7440 is what he wants.

Pretty sure those headlights use LEDs for turn signals already, and they are hard mounted to the internal boards - they are not replaceable bulbs. As such, the only option would be to code them to not be on when the headlights are turned on, if such an option exists.

It works fine for me. No dash light, no hyperflash. Also want to mention it syncs up perfectly with the side mirror signal, unlike the filament bulb.

OP doesn't want the bulb to be illuminated when headlights/parking lights are on so 7440 is what he wants.
It has to be 7440 NA compatible LED which has a universal base for both 7440 and 7444 bulb socket, Standard 7440 single filament incandescent bulb won’t fit into the CX-5’s front turn signals with 7444 bulb socket.

Pretty sure those headlights use LEDs for turn signals already, and they are hard mounted to the internal boards - they are not replaceable bulbs. As such, the only option would be to code them to not be on when the headlights are turned on, if such an option exists.
Only on very recent gen-2 CX-5’s. Most older gen-2 CX-5’s (up to 2021 MY?) and all gen-1 CX-5’s use standard 7444NA dual filament incandescent bulb for front turn signals. From OP’s picture, the front parking lights and turn signals look like using the incandescent bulb.

It has to be 7440 NA compatible LED which has a universal base for both 7440 and 7444 bulb socket, Standard 7440 single filament incandescent bulb won’t fit into the CX-5’s front turn signals with 7444 bulb socket.

OK, but it works, matches the side mirror signal, and gets rid of the continuous yellow light which is what OP wants.

Back