Another Header

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
I ran across a facebook post which shows a header I have not see yet by hotpipes. 4-1 setup and it looks ok too.

hot-pipes-m2-header.jpg

Looking at Andres' build thread, he figures he got around 10-12 hp from the headers and a custom exhaust. Pretty good gains if it can be replicated.

I might get these along with a straight pipe to axle-back to go fully catless. We'll see.

I ran across a facebook post which shows a header I have not see yet by hotpipes. 4-1 setup and it looks ok too.

hot-pipes-m2-header.jpg

I can tell Derrick has not looked at my thread ;)

Andres? chime in?

You neither ;)

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123809659-My-New-STF-project/page9

Headers by itself does not give huge gains, the factory one is really good, but combined with custom header back with high flow cat and re-flash is pretty decent. Also like 8-10 lbs. lighter.

Already four people bought them from me so far no complains, just the wait period on the shipping.

Andres

Last edited:
I have this header on my car paired with the Corksport racepipe and exhaust and I love it =). I get compliments everywhere about the sound of my car. The power gains, yes are minimal until you get a tune but with a reflash this thing soars...plus is just something nice to have =)

I wonder why Corksport haven't made a header yet for the 2 :)

Other than that Font will get an order when I'm ready to buy a header. I'll put on the Corksport race pipe/ cat-back exhaust at the same time and get a tune. Maybe a set of cams would make it fly.

Corksport has slowed down quite a bit, or pretty much stopped, coming out with new parts for the 2. There is little revenue in our cars because of the limited amount of people who want to buy stuff for them. I wish they would continue to make more parts for the 2 but it seems like they may not =(

Corksport has slowed down quite a bit, or pretty much stopped, coming out with new parts for the 2. There is little revenue in our cars because of the limited amount of people who want to buy stuff for them. I wish they would continue to make more parts for the 2 but it seems like they may not =(

That about sums it up.It is tough to justify making parts when they do not sell well. It is rather weird considering how many Mazda 2s are on the road across the planet.

-Derrick

That about sums it up.It is tough to justify making parts when they do not sell well. It is rather weird considering how many Mazda 2s are on the road across the planet.

-Derrick

Even though there are quite a few '2s on the roads, it is rare, in my experience, that people buy them with all the modifications they want to do to the cars in mind. It also doesn't help that Mazda screwed up with marketing the 2, at least in this country...I mean the 2 isn't that much cheaper than a 4-dour Mazda3. The '3 is a volume seller, and the '2 isn't, so I see why it's a good marketing move to focus on the '3 and even the '6 rather than on our little '2.

-Derrick

It does suck. I see 2's all the time around here but none are modded...I'm the only 2 in my club of 250+ people...I miss buying new CS parts. I've got 2 things left to really buy and then I'm out of pretty CS parts =(

-Derrick

You guys have covered most of the bases of "traditional" parts for the 2 quite well though, with high quality. At this point i think most new parts would either be very niche parts with low popularity, or very big project kits which would also most likely not recover the costs of R&d.

That doesn't bode well for our chances at a turbo.

problem is, we as vendors go where there is profit to be made. I have lots of folks asking about the turbo, and we had a lot of folks ask about the headers too, but when we asked who was wanting to grab a set of headers if we fronted the bill, we got little interest.

I love the 2, and own 3 of them. But I have to make things that sell to a consumer base that wants them. Right now I am working on this turbo set up, but its taking a back seat to a few projects that I know have a serious demand

problem is, we as vendors go where there is profit to be made. I have lots of folks asking about the turbo, and we had a lot of folks ask about the headers too, but when we asked who was wanting to grab a set of headers if we fronted the bill, we got little interest.

I love the 2, and own 3 of them. But I have to make things that sell to a consumer base that wants them. Right now I am working on this turbo set up, but its taking a back seat to a few projects that I know have a serious demand

Understandable, but what about developing something that would allow us to bolt something like the Jackson racing superchargers right up to our 2's? This would lesson the cost for R&D for you guys and I would imagine be much cheaper to produce. It also eliminates the risk of a heavy investment on your part (we buy our own superchargers from Jackson Racing) as well as increase demand for your tune. Just my wishful thinking.

Understandable, but what about developing something that would allow us to bolt something like the Jackson racing superchargers right up to our 2's? This would lesson the cost for R&D for you guys and I would imagine be much cheaper to produce. It also eliminates the risk of a heavy investment on your part (we buy our own superchargers from Jackson Racing) as well as increase demand for your tune. Just my wishful thinking.

I don't see how not including a part would decrease the needed R&D at all. They would still have to outsource a custom intake manifold, fit an intercooler and all the piping, and probably biggest of all tune it. A supercharger would potentially simplify the whole system a little by not needing a turbo exhaust manifold, but that is probably just a dent in the time and effort that would be needed.

Back