Another Bose Amp question???

How should you wire a 4-Channel Amp with High and Low level inputs?

• Use Pac Loc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sierra248

Contributor
:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
I am installing a 4-channel amp in place of the bose amp and using all the factory wiring as my Amp has High and low level(RCA) inputs. I was planning on just connecting the speaker lines directly into my amp and out again without a LOC, but now I'm reading that the correct way to do this may be to just wire in RCA's??

Last edited:
Anyone have any for sure correct info? I am about to place an order at crutchfield and wanna make sure it is all correct?

Well I did it and I'm getting crazy loud clicking and engine noise....UGH, The music sounds great, but I been changing grounds and I can't get rid of the noise. Any suggestions??

You need ground loop isolators. I forget the technical term now, but the Bose system is not the standard ground circuitry and if you try to connect it directly to an aftermarket system with nothing to adapt from one to the other it will give horrid noise. There are some electronic crossovers that will work, but a GLI is the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

Nice connectors, by the way. Wish they had been around (or I had known about them if they were) when I did my upgrade.

Thanks for the info Mid, to be honest, once i crank it up past the point of hearing the clicking and hissing, its exactly what I wanted it to sound like. Ordered a Pac CSS-12 Power Wire noise suppressor and 2 PAC GLI's for my front and rears. I'll let u know in a few days how it goes.
Thanks again for the info.
Tom

It was only 5 bucks so i figured id try it. So Mid, you think the 2 GLIs will eliminate the need for any other mods?
Tom

They did the job for me.
I no longer have them because I ended up swapping out my h/u for other reasons but while I was using the Bose h/u, they did the trick.

Cool, I ran 4 Guage and am running 2 amps and knew about the "noise problem" so I was especially careful doing everything. Used 4 Gauge of about 6 inches length to a dremelled grounding point and still as soon as I turned it on there it was loud noise and clicking, changes with RPM also. If these work, systems gonna sound exactly how I wanted it too and I kept the factory look that I wanted. thanks for all the help Mid,
Tom

Have you got stock Bose speakers, too?

I have Infinity Reference speakers (stock everything else), and I would love it if they would sound good with just an amp. They're anemic as is, and the system as a whole sounds very bright. I'm under the impression that I'd need a signal processor (JL Audio Cleansweep) feeding an aftermarket amp in order to defeat the Bose HU's signal processing and make the sound what it should be.

If you've gotten real results from only adding the amp, I'd be happy to hear that.

Well I did it and I'm getting crazy loud clicking and engine noise....UGH, The music sounds great, but I been changing grounds and I can't get rid of the noise. Any suggestions??

Which method did you try; RCA tap from input side, or line level from output side of amp? Also does anyone know if you can just tap the sub output side? I'm sure I saw sub woofer wires in the diagram.

Well it worked perfect. I used them JL Audio RCA connectors and 2 PAC GLI's connected under seat. I used the factory speaker wiring out of my Punch 100x4, I then ran an RCA out of the Amp under driver seat and it went to a Orion Mono 300Watt under passenger seat. My Sub is a Boston Acoustic G510RS 10" G5 with a GTR Radiator, SMALL!! My highs are all JBL 2-way 5x7's and I put infinity reference tweets in the stock locations with inline Crossovers. I know I didn't need all the highs, but I like Highs. Sounds Like you got some of the best headphone ever on in my car now. No Hiss whatsoever, no whines clicks pops, just way loud and I wouldn't say it DROPS but it hits hard enough for me. Really, I spend like 500 Bucks on this and its a 100x better then the bose and it barely takes up any space and I just tell people its Stock. LOL, the dummys are like wow Bose rocks!!!
Thanks for ALL YOUR HELP Mid-Life
Tom

just a quick question along the lines of swapping out the stock bose amp...

can i just swap out the stock bose amp with a better aftermarket one and have a pretty exponential increase in sound quality (with the stock bose speakers and stock HU)? if so, what type of specific amp and extra little things would I need to work with the stock wiring that comes with the stock bose speakers?

Back