Annual Mohican Fun Run ~ Sunday September 18, 2011

I definitely agree about the GPS part. I think there's a way we can map the route on Google Maps, then everyone with an Android phone (possible iPhone too) could have the route during the run. That would be very helpful.

I tried plotting the course for the last run in Google maps with my Android GPS but couldn't figure it out. But I'm not too good with technology. But that's a great idea. And Fez, you didn't ruin the Fun Run, no worries. And usually we run the course a week before the official Fun Run but with Mid-Ohio this weekend I think the Fun Run was kind of an after thought. But still very fun nonetheless.

One little tidbit of driving info I can say is I don't know about you cats but I don't use my brakes as much as you guys did on the run. I just down shift and turn. I'm no race car driver but it seemed like a lot of the corners were; brake, brake, brake, turn, the WOT. Having a slower car I need the momentum through the corners so on many of the turns I just wouldn't brake. Granted it's easier to be in the back because I can see what you guys are doing. Just a little tip, that's all.

^ Quite possibly the best part about being toward the rear. No matter how many times I've done this run, I still have a hard time remembering what's ahead.

Well maybe some weekend we can do a little run down there and I can film the run. It will give us something to watch and learn, like Bills Mid-Ohio laps for track days. I filmed a lot of it, but there were a lot of wrong turns and stupid gravel. I was so bummed the Jenny esses were all gravel... :(

Not a bad idea. Red Rover recorded most of it before hitting the guard rail...

Note to self: RT-615's are not good in gravel at all...

Bwahaha. I have close to 6 gigs of video recorded on my phone of the run. I basically recorded from leaving Mickey D's until I pulled over for my squealing brakes (rock between dust shield and rotor.

Never fun. I'm so used to squealing brakes that I probably wouldn't have stopped.

Aaah yes. The sound of metal touching something it shouldn't be touching. The type of sound that makes your heart sink. Got it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your videos, especially since I was in front of you and probably in 99% of it Haha!!! I also want to see how quickly you catch up, damn your car was noticeably quicker on the straights than me, especially after I was heat soaked.

Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing some squeaky brakes behind me a few times, but I didn't think anything of it since it didn't seem abnormal to me. (I figured you guys just always have squeaky brakes lol).

I tried to use my brakes as little as possible. Ever since I figured out heel-toe shifting and got to use it at Beaverun, I'm much more comfortable doing it. It definitely helped down shifting before turns to slow down, then I would already be in the proper gear to accelerate out of the turn.

Marc's pup didn't like following my car. Every time I downshifted it popped.

That's definitely what she said

I don't feel like you messed up the fun run at all. Plus, it happened near the end. But I was glad to help out and glad my empty car was useful. It's normally not this empty haha!

I definitely agree about the GPS part. I think there's a way we can map the route on Google Maps, then everyone with an Android phone (possible iPhone too) could have the route during the run. That would be very helpful.

I don't think looking at a phone while traveling those roads would be wise.

I don't think looking at a phone while traveling those roads would be wise.

Ya, it definitely can be dangerous if you're constantly staring at your phone/GPS. But some of us have windshield mounts for our phones and GPS, so a quick glance at what's ahead (Right bend, left bend?) can be extremely helpful. A lot of those corners are somewhat blind and come up really fast. Plus, we could actually review the route just to familiarize ourselves.

Maybe if we can figure out a way to implant a computer chip in our brain that displays a gps map Heads Up Display (like in Gran Turismo). But it's actually part of our main vision HAHA...Phen, you're an engineer right???????

Heh. Lemme get right on that...

Buy a new 5 series, they have heads up displays that give GPS directions on them... We're a little ****** because we drive economy cars.

Heh. Lemme get right on that...

Buy a new 5 series, they have heads up displays that give GPS directions on them... We're a little ****** because we drive economy cars.

I need it by Wednesday ok? How hard could it be???????

I think the Corvette has a HUD, but it only shows the speed. Do you know if they have to have special windshields for that? I know there's basically a projector that projects the image towards the windshield and you can see the reflection. I wonder if it's possible to make one that works in any car?? We need to patent that s*** and make bannnnnk!!! haha

I don't believe so. I'll have to look into the technology again. I'm a little behind the times with that.

I don't believe so. I'll have to look into the technology again. I'm a little behind the times with that.

I wonder if the windshield has a special coating or layer that makes the HUD viewing area more reflective? If this isn't necessary, I don't see why we couldn't come up with some kind of projector device that just mounts above your main gauges

Back