Amp Power cable....2010 Mazda 5

Hello forum....
I'm going crazy trying to figure out where to run my amp power cable.....
I look in the engine bay and can't see anything.......

Someone said remove the glove box but I can't find any instructions.....

I've replaced the speakers. Ran all of my other lines......can't find power.

Man this is frustrating.....help....pics please

If you are looking for the battery its under the big plastic piece at the end of what looks like an air intake. Take a look at your owners manual, that is a good place to start.

I always just drill a hole in the firewall if I can't find a large grommet with empty space to punch through. Haven't wired the 5 for an amp yet. :(

In my 2012 M5 I drilled through the plastic cover plate that is for the manual transmission clutch peddle, etc. you do have to remove the battery box in order to access where the plastic cover is.

Not sure if the design is the same for the previous gen. If not, drill your own hole and use a grommet.

Look under the Brake booster on AT cars. You will find a white cap that can be turned counter clockwise and pulled out. This gets you access to a small rectangular hole that open up near the electronic throttle mechanism. I just ran my position lead through their this evening.

I just started my 2 week vacation. I plan to install my 4ch amp and my powered subwoofer, and my 6x8s in my 2010 Touring. I'll let you know where I passed the power cable through the firewall. Oh, I'm using 2 8 guage cables for the amps. I'm pretty sure that I can find someting behind the battery or near the steering shaft.

Ok, pretty much what everyone said is correct on those who offered assistance in locating this hole in the firewall. I took the battery out and loosened up the tray and was able to see the the white cap that bracedeunos and joe mama mentioned. it is just to the left and under the brake booster. Also from the inside, you can access the rectangle hole which is actually hidden behind the insulation. If you look you can see the outline of the rectangle embossed in the padding. Also, Mazda was nice enough to pre-cut it so it opens as a flap from the bottom and sides. Oh, I did take a picture of it~~~~>
DSC06515.jpg
I know the first one is not a great shot but hopefully you'll get the idea of its location. This is a US version and that is the steering column in the first shot for reference. when you lift the flap, you will see the little plastic rectangle.
DSC06514.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah just drilled through and it goes unobstructed into the engine bay. I'm going to tape my cable to a wire hanger and feed it through from inside the car. But first, Im gonna run and get some grommets. I'll be running two 8-guage cables to two amps.

I decided to run just one 4 gauge instead to a distribution block...
DSC06538.jpg

Last edited:
Back