American Idol 2008.

mikeski

:
03.5 mazdaspeed protege
Well, David Cook won......Just wondering what you all thought about him. I thought he was the most talented out of the two and wanted him to win. my wife and i watch it and we both feel the same. I would buy his album.

I don't know why....but something about this thread popping up on a car forum makes me smile....haha. I don't watch american idol, but I'm sure I'll see it on best week ever. Instead of watching hours of reality trash (not saying AI fits in that category), I just watch that 30 min. show and catch the highlights, =).

Hmmm. Yet another "you really should search" post...and a link to a thread that doesn't really relate to the op's question. That thread has more posts in it about who has what size tv than it does posts about AI. I believe the question here was "what do you think about David Cook?"

So, I'll tell you what I think. I think he is very talented and seasoned and will record the type of music I listen to. David Archuleta , on the other hand, is also very talented but seems overwhelmed and has absolutely no edge. I know he's 17 but its like he spent his whole life with a domineering father in some suburban town in Utah. Oh, wait...What I mean to say is, unlike DC, DA will never record anything I'm interested in listening to.

I only watch the audition episodes to laugh at all the delusional people that are convinced they can sing. (hah)

They still do that show?

I thought they would have old yeller'd that pup a long time ago.

Hmmm. Yet another "you really should search" post...and a link to a thread that doesn't really relate to the op's question. That thread has more posts in it about who has what size tv than it does posts about AI. I believe the question here was "what do you think about David Cook?"

The Search Gestapo never fail. Best to just ignore their reflexive responses.

Paula is out of her mind, and it's good that Cook won as he's more diverse. Archuleta was great, but only with ballads it seemed.

Archuleta seems like he could be the perfect singer for Disney movie theme songs...or Broadway.

I was really sad when Carlie Smithson got the axe. I really liked her.

Carlie was the Irish rocker chick, right? She was good. I didn't really watch much of the show, but, honostly, i am glad cook won. I'll probably buy his CD, although he reminds me of the lead singer from Nickleback

at 96 million votes, a lot more people watch than you may think. I haven't been an Idol fan till my wife got me watching it a few years ago. Seeing how that guy with the grey hair won a couple years ago (and sucked in my opinion) while Chris Doughtry sells more records, Im just glad to see someone win this year who I think deserved it and I would probably buy his CD when it comes out. I also think the 17 yr old should be the lead singer on the Mickey Mouse Club! haha

at 96 million votes, a lot more people watch than you may think. I haven't been an Idol fan till my wife got me watching it a few years ago. Seeing how that guy with the grey hair won a couple years ago (and sucked in my opinion) while Chris Doughtry sells more records, Im just glad to see someone win this year who I think deserved it and I would probably buy his CD when it comes out. I also think the 17 yr old should be the lead singer on the Mickey Mouse Club! haha

Yeah, but 96 million votes doesn't equate to 96 million viewers. My wife voted 5 times for Cook this past Tuesday.

LOL He has the same name as my dad... so my mom voted like 30 times. He is really good though and I feel weird for saying that he's pretty hot.

I just love that radio people in KC were saying that "oh, we won! we won!"

I just wonder... when is my check going to be in the mail? I didn't win crap...

I just enjoy that an unattractive redneck from outside KC won... I think it says alot for increased chances of misleading young women into thinking that I'm the next KC sensation...

I mean his whole shtick was:
"I'm a bit chunky, I can barely play guitar and I'm also relatively unattractive when not famous..."

I can do that. :)

Back