Passing down the torch

:
'13 Mazda 5 Sport
So I bought a 2013 Mazda5 Sport in September of 2020. I absolutely love this little van. It's probably the most practical car I ever had that was actually fun to drive. Anyways, My son was born in the beginning of January of 2021. He was in my wife's stomach when I deleted the muffler and would kick whenever I got on the accelerator. When he was out the sound of my exhaust would lull him to sleep. He's almost 11months right now, so he still loves the sound of my exhaust. He giggles every time I go through a tunnel, put it in neutral, and give it some revs. What's weird is that I've taken him to car shows and he hates the sound of straight pipe V8. But loves the sound of any loud 4 banger.

I'm just elated that here in the Blue Ridge Mountains where the big V8 is king. I'll have a little buddy who likes the 4 bangers.

Anyone else have a similar story???

Last edited:
We have a pretty active auto enthusiast community around here, and there are always smaller meets and "cruises" going. When I was in my late teens, I used to go to these meets and cruises with my friends in my 91 Accord. It was so much fun checking out everyone else's cars.

I'm now in my mid-30s, with a 3 year old and a soon-to-be 8 month old in tow. Earlier this year, I took my 3 year old daughter to her first car meets. One was a Mazda meet, the other was a much larger meet that had everything from classic cars, to built 4-rotors, to a brand new C8 Corvette. She was so excited! It definitely put a smile on my face.

This was her favourite car at the meet:

20210724_200135_capture.jpg

We have a pretty active auto enthusiast community around here, and there are always smaller meets and "cruises" going. When I was in my late teens, I used to go to these meets and cruises with my friends in my 91 Accord. It was so much fun checking out everyone else's cars.

I'm now in my mid-30s, with a 3 year old and a soon-to-be 8 month old in tow. Earlier this year, I took my 3 year old daughter to her first car meets. One was a Mazda meet, the other was a much larger meet that had everything from classic cars, to built 4-rotors, to a brand new C8 Corvette. She was so excited! It definitely put a smile on my face.

This was her favourite car at the meet:

View attachment 305045
I wish we had car meets here other than lifted trucks and classic American cars. Your daughter is adorable.

Back