All Weather Mats...Which?

Anybody from Canada here that can recommend a good store to buy all weather mats as well as cargo tray, possibly mud flaps etc?

i have the official CX-5 all weather mats. They look cool, but are a pain to keep clean. Still better than the black carpeted ones

I used to have WeatherTech FloorLiner custom-fitted mats for my CX-7; they worked well but were quite expensive. A bit hard to keep the rubber surface clean-looking, even a pressure washer couldn't help. The holes for carpet hooks sent quite a bit of calcium on the carpet during winter months, though.

For the CX-5, I decided to use 3D Maxpider mats :

http://www.partsengine.ca/product/U...with-2-FREE-Universal-Floor-Mats/Default.aspx

These are also a custom-fit product, and are very comparable to the WeatherTech product. The price is much better though (CAN$160 shipped for both front and back seat protection plus a free set of front mats for a second car, compared to CAD$220 for the WeatherTechs). I have yet to deal with snow in my CX-5, but the mats look good, are finished in a nice nylon material and seem easy to keep clean.

For the CX-5, I decided to use 3D Maxpider mats :

I just came across the Maxpider brand on eBay, and I have been trying to find a US vendor for them. I really like the clean look of them.

Would you happen to have a picture of them in your car?

Canada gets all the cool floormats, these and the CX-5 logo'd WeatherTech ones.

I just went outside to take a few pictures. Sorry for the back seat one, my camera won't focus on the mats... It just loves leather seats I guess ;)

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

Yeah, those are really nice - love the nylon weave top-finish. Shame they don't seem to have a US distributor.

I just went outside to take a few pictures. Sorry for the back seat one, my camera won't focus on the mats... It just loves leather seats I guess ;)

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

Thanks for posting that, I ordered them about 2 minutes after I saw the pics! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Looks really nice! I cannot look back, though, since I grudgingly sprung for the WeatherTechs...should have looked a little longer.... Ces't la vie!

I have Brand New OEM All Weather Mats for the Mazda CX-5 for sale. I will be posting the ad and pictures in the marketplace section of the forum.

Last edited:
I've got the WeatherTechs front and rear and am happy with them. I've got the OEM cargo tray for the back and its fantastic. We had a small spill, the water all ran into the left indent and stayed there. It was easy to pull the whole thing out and dump it.

My 3D Mazpider mats arrived today, really happy with the quality and fit. I'm especially happy with how well they cover the dead pedal.

It took some digging and even without getting a response from Maxpider expressing a desire to find a the mats for US delivery I found the same mats at Autoanything under the name of Aries for those interested or if you are web searching for an online seller outside of Canada.

Hey FELT_RIDER,

Yeah, I found that out last week and instantly placed an order. But I'm still waiting on it to ship though, I'm fairly certain that they'll be the same since other car forums have mentioned that MaxPider and Aries are the same.

Thanks for the pics and info FELT_RIDER!

AutoAnything cancelled my order saying they were backordered and now they still don't have the black ones in stock....

Nice find! These are identical to the Maxpider I have, apart from the different branding. They also cost more in the US, not really sure why.

I thought I would post a few pictures of the Kagu Aries (Maxpider) mats that I got from Autoanything.
I was asked in a PM where I got them http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/61A7570A0A0.aspx

Aries_1.JPG

Aries_3.JPG

Aries_4.JPG

Really happy with the fit, coverage and texture (sort of matches the rubber inserts at the bottom of the console cup holders)

Back