ALL Unichip Questions / Problems

No idea. It was a quick tune on the dyno just to get it working with my mods and setup so I didn't receive any numbers. My mods are in my sig.

Have to have the software and training.. They have to be a "certified" unichip tuner

Depending on version. The older version does not require you to be certified. You get the software for free but have to pay any where from 50 to 100 bucks for the link box.

I was curious if the unichip with the stock tune is mapped/setup to richen fuel sooner when the car goes into boost. I know certain conditions trigger the loop change sooner, but I want to be able to stab the throttle whenever and not see the ecu richen at 4k when I'm already at peak boost. Thx

Does anyone have the unichip tuner software! I'm looking for it.

Also does anyone know if I can put my MAF back on my intake and have it not mess up?

Does anyone have the unichip tuner software! I'm looking for it.

Also does anyone know if I can put my MAF back on my intake and have it not mess up?

If I remember the only way you could get access to the software is if you were a certified UC tuner. Don't think the software is available to the public. To be honest the UC is not a good ems for the speed. The ecu in the speed is F'ed. You are better off going with a full stand alone.

What do you mean by moving the maf back

Last edited:
so i installed my unichip and it will start fine and run only once. i try to re start the car and it will sputter and die. i take the unichip out and it runs fine. any ideas?

I am experiencing the same issue. What I plan on doing is wiring in the unichip directly into the OE harness using the diagram I got from UC. It thinking that the issue is with the harness, even though I had mine tested by Unichip, or the actual chip because I've purchased a new driver module which didn't help. I'll find out whenever I get around to hardwiring the chip in.

Looking for a working map for the unichip, 2003 MSP, aftermarket exhaust manifold (looks like a nicely welded, squareish log style) Damn map unichip has sent twice tries to run the MAF readings at 242 @ idle when it should be around 2~4. At least with a working map I can tweak it.

Looking for a working map for the unichip, 2003 MSP, aftermarket exhaust manifold (looks like a nicely welded, squareish log style) Damn map unichip has sent twice tries to run the MAF readings at 242 @ idle when it should be around 2~4. At least with a working map I can tweak it.

Just a quick update, loaded 4 maps in Jerrys and all 4 showed the same thing. 100% throttle position and 232 gm sec maf.

I'm thinking hardware issue now. Ideas? Already contacted unichip on it.

Hey guys. got my unichip. everything is easy to install up until the 3 way valve. how did you guys do this step? "Locate the vacuum T-fitting next to the engine case and disconnect the boost line going down under the engine to the wastegate" ...for some reason the boost line is solid and i can not get it off.

Back