All MSP problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
1- Rear Clunk.
2- Creaks and pops from driverside rear (seams to be the strut assembly?)
3- LOUD ticking or rattle coming from engine (sounds like its coming from somewhere under the exhaust manifold/ turbo heat shield. It's much worse when cold.
4- Bad wind noise in the corner of passanger side window.
5- Shift boot coming apart, only have 4000 on the car.
6- Hiccup at 4000 rpm. Already have the updated flash.
7- Looses power in the uper rpm's, due to overly rich fuel conditions.
8- Took vehicle to Grady Mazda for some of these problems. I was treated very poorly, and more or less told that they didn't want to fix my car!!

Email adress- zculbreth2000@yahoo.com

Last edited:
hesitation, and front squeaks, never heard clunk, had sub blown out, smells funny when after i drive hard, engine gets ridiculouslly hot ridiculouslly fast, front floormat colors dont match... passenger is darker, stock exhaust has black stuff on the rim all the time(the rim of it is too thick), and thats about it...

-Clunk coming from the rear suspension.
-squeak's coming from the front suspension(when cold)
-CD deck go's into half closed position and dies.
-rusting out hub's.
-shift knob plastic falling apart @5,326 mile's.
-clutch feel's like it's sliping at @7,648 mile's.
-brake's grind at low speed while turning.
-car sound's like it's going to stall while at idle.(started happening after the car was flashed)
-pull's to the side's while coming to a stop.(left and right)
-very ruff gear shifter.(not smooth at all)
-car buck's in stop's and go traffic.(flash helped some but not much)
-tire's wear out way too quickly.(front tire's are all most gone@10,856mile's with light driving)
-ticking coming from the engine get's louder as RPM's raise(dealer said it was the camshaft's opening and closing the valve's?)
-on a side note-
this car has a very poor trade in value compaired to the milage and the time i've owned the car and the MSRP.i'm losing my a$$ on this car in trade in value so i have no option but to keep the car.dispite all this car's problem's i still love the car.but i wish Mazda would come up with a solution to fix it's Problem's.

David
email msppeed2@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Clunk - replaced bushings (so far so good)
Hesitation - flashed ECU (still not right, engine runs rougher)
Loose clamp radiator - tightened
Rattle in rear deck - fixed
Rust on disk/hub - dealer won't repaint
In reverse - "whine" is louder than any other car I drove
In cold, noise coming from steering, turning the wheel right and left, while idling.
Stress crack on windshield (replaced twice by dealer)

Dave

Last edited:
EDIT: i'll leave all mine on here for the record. However my car has been bought back by mazda due to all the problems.
peace out

-rear clunk (being "fixed" for the second time as we speak) edit: fixed a 3rd time...we'll see if it lasts
-suspension creak (as we speak I hope)
-coolant leak (getting fixed as i speak) edit: atempted 3 times no luck, still have it
-rust on rotors (dealer said they cannot fix this!!!) edit: replaced all 4 rotors
-hard to shift into reverse sometimes
-hard shift from 1-2
-rattle from sub enclosure
-oil resedue on engine cover
-clutch slips
-edit new: grinding noise when turning the wheel all the way (Stock wheels and
tires)
-edit new exhaust hangers were "faulty" were replaced along with my scratched tail pipe. no 03 mufflers left so they put on a 3.5. got the last 3.5 so according to mazda there are no more stock replacement mufflers left in the US. :BS:
-on a personal note last time i had my car in i had them change the oil. i asked for 5w-30 castrol syntec. well its at dealer now and i asked for it again. they call me and tell me there is no 5w-30 made by castrol syntec. ok no big deal but now i have no idea what the hell they put in my car last time.

this car is approaching lemon status

Last edited:
Coolent leak (fixed once, has returned and I will fix myself)
Rear Clunk
Front Creak (suspention)
Front Squeak (dashboard somewhere)
Hesitation (1/2 fixed after flash)
Tranny not shifting very smooth (into second mostly, a little on first, and getting out of reverse)

That's all I can think of.
contact PM or wiggles6983@hotmail.com

Edit: Rust on rotors (Will fix myself)

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread, Craig!!! My issues have been the following:

-Stress crack X2 (second windshield should be replaced sometime this week)
-Coolant leak around turbo (fixed by replacing hose and using different clamp)
-Alarm freaked on me (had alarm module replaced)
-Hesitation (fixed with flash)
-Clunk, rear (slowly developing)
-Creak, front suspension (only on cold morngings)

Amber
ambertaylorcowart@hotmail.com

-Hesitation(fixed with flash, so far works)
-Clunk(just getting louder)
-Weird noises from front suspension when cold
-faster at partial throttle than wide open throttle
-Coolant smell
-turbo oil leak
-Squeaky driver's seat
-front rotors warped and turned jumping brakes and steeringwheel
-rust inside of trunk lid an rear driver door
-cheap Rear motor mount broke 15000miles
-boost beging in 8psi down to 7 psi and end 5.3psi4000 5000 6500 the same with the a/f ratio crazy.
-Ford computer program? one big s*** programing

Att IRR 1239/2000PR

-Coolant smell just started
-wont hold a constant boost
-rear clunk started at 1500 miles
-front bushing squeek
-leaking water in the trunk 3 times
-weird noise after reving at idle
-coolant leak around bottle
-sqeeking driver seat
-doors creaking while driving
-trany sticks from 1st to 2nd and clunks
-Never flashed..still has hesitation
-freaked out headunit that freezes
-Rotors warped both ends at 6k miles
-trouble starting
-CAR FALLING APART!!!

Cory
Prodigy926@aol.com

Last edited:
#878MSPChick said:
Thanks for the thread, Craig!!! My issues have been the following:

-
Stress crack X2 (second windshield should be replaced sometime this week)
-Coolant leak around turbo (fixed by replacing hose and using different clamp)
-Alarm freaked on me (had alarm module replaced)
-Hesitation (fixed with flash)
-Clunk, rear (slowly developing)
-Creak, front suspension (only on cold morngings)

Amber
ambertaylorcowart@hotmail.com

I have just noticed this morning, Out of Nowhere! Like a thin crack coming from the top of the windshield? This will be replaced by warranty right?

radio replaced once upon delivery

Clunk - "Fixed" so far with the 156E bushings

other then that

nothing.

7000 kms

- hesitation (flashed)
- clunk
- front creak (bushings replaced...still creaks)
- alarm module (still waiting, on order)
- seat stitching came apart (fixed)
- passenger seat belt holder squeaks
- rough 1st and 2nd gear
- reverse sometimes does not engage fully

-Rear suspension clunk since driving it off the lot
-Constant smell of coolant, although I have not yet located a coolant leak
-Rusting rotors

- Coolant Leak
- Brake rust
- Transmission doesn't like to go into reverse sometimes.

Hmm, okay...

-Clunk from rear suspension (156E to be installed this week)
-Hesitation (fixed by flash)
-New hesitation (intermittent acceleration, pulsing, dealer can't reproduce, recommend resetting PCM once a week or every two weeks).
-Stereo got stuck twice half way open (had to reset, not reported)
-Gas mileage decreased from 345/tank (after flash) to 248/tank now (dealer says "oxygenated fuel" -six tanks so far)
-Fluttering feeling when engaging/disengaging clutch gets worse after driving for awhile, coincides with poor shifting (dealer can't replicate).
-Poor shifting, shifter gets lost when going from fifth to fourth, nearly into reverse twice at 50 mph. Hard to get into reverse and first at idle.
-Incredibly noisy transmission in reverse.
-Front brakes have been grinding since 1500 miles, horribly noisy rotors warped since new(Dealer can't replicate, serviced four times for this, "not warranty anyways").
-Coolant leak (dealer noticed and fixed)
-Horrible creak/squeek from front suspension bushings, noticeable over speedbumps and driveways at low speed (dealer can't replicate).
-Intermittent stalling, idle speed will jump from 200-1500 until accelerator is feathered. (Dealer blamed on Turbo Timer after second visit, problem began before timer installed. Timer removed, stall still happens).
Edit:
-General lack of torque (car will not accelerate in fifth gear regardless of rpm)
-Clutch flutter is bad enough at times to rattle the dash and the change in the ashtray

Worst of all, the fact that Mazda knowingly sells new Mazdaspeeds at lower than MSRP which in turn destroys our trade in value. Some of us waited and waited for this car and paid sticker or slightly over, and now the car is worth nearly half of what we paid for it. I have tried to trade it in at two dealerships, Mitsubishi (EVO) and Subaru (STi) and they will not even accept it as a trade in because they cannot sell it because the new cars are so cheap and the reputation is so poor.

Mazda marketing knowingly mislead us with catch phrases and inflated specs, and then in turn delivered us an inferior car to the one we read about.

I love the Mazdaspeed concept, but this car is uncomfortable to drive, decreasing in economic value and lacks real support from the Mazdaspeed "exclusive" dealership.

Temporary fixes are not the answer. I do not want to get rid of my car, but I deserve the car that Mazda promised me over a hear and a half ago when I put down my deposit.

I feel that Mazda has abandoned the Mazdaspeed as their "bastard child" and secretly hopes that the problem will go away with second owners and weekend tuners. Mazda's reintroduction to the world of racing is an absolute embarrassment to Mazdaspeed heritage. Even when magazines reported to their (Mazda's) target demographic that the car was bucking, surging and uncomfortable to drive, Mazda did nothing to alter this dilemma prior to delivery.

Britt
add-> kiva5198@hotmail.com
No mods on car.

edit - Gas milege down to 230 this last tank. 12/21/03

Last edited:
Nasty hesitation Non Flashed

Car responds better at half throttle than WOT ????

Brakes grind at low speed i dont understand this problem

Sounds like windows are open in car when on the highway when they are really not

Clunk !!!!!!!

Rattle from either back deck or amp/sub rack

Power steering makes noise when turning to the left only and hard to turn when cold

Engine makes tapping and clanking noises at idle

Allignment constantly goes out

Factory sub constanly blows out have put in 3

Charging system in car seems inadaquit car lights are always dimming at idle and while driving

Slight creeking in front not all the time though

Trans shifting is terrible lots of noise in between shifts doesnt want to go into revese or goes half way in then grinds

extremely poor motor and trans mounts can feel the motor want to jump out from under the hood when on the gas and shifting

hope that helps
contact info: Dave Email me at Bigggone1019@aol.com

Titanium Speed #925 of 2750
(msptitani

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back