Alex's Mz2 Build Thread!

An oversized tire hurts performance just as bad as a skinny/stretch tire does, x7 and 225 is a bad combo. Ideally you're suppose to run a x9 with 225s for the best possible performance value, so a whole two inches skinnier than that is gonna make for a ton of tire flex in the sidewall whille trying to perform, so you'll be running "big boy" tires, but using them incorrectly. Just throwing it out there.

Little bit of stretch never hurt no one... but seriously, not aggressive fitment type of stretch. I have to find the pics, but when I went down to the Rolex 24 before, some of the guys in the Continental Tires series, especially the E92 Bimmers, were running some surprising stretch on their tires. They obviously know something.. and that's from a Pro race team (speaking of Turner Motorsports).

Just adding on to what you said the DJ.

I understand that. It was just an idea. In the end I'll probably just go with 205's. Maybe even 195's because they're so much cheaper. Still love the look of wide tires though.

If you still want a bit of meat, go with 205 on a 7.5. ;).

I say the C3M because no one is running those on a 2. Plus i can get them for you. ;)

Haha oh youu. Everyone is putting up great cases for the wheels! I like the conversation fella's

Btw Roddy, can you get me specs on the spring length/Inner Diameter of the front coilover springs on the Ksports? That would be most welcome.

Last edited:
When the time comes, you'll know which way I'm going, or not :p. I'm still very open to both.

And cool beans duder. Thanks

Actually a little stretch is good! 225s on a x9 are slightly stretched, it makes the sidewall more stiff which is great while cornering. Sorry if my statment came off as sounding like all stretched tires are bad, because thats definitely not true, but excessive stretch(195 on a 9 for instance) does hurt performance big time.

Actually a little stretch is good! 225s on a x9 are slightly stretched, it makes the sidewall more stiff which is great while cornering. Sorry if my statment came off as sounding like all stretched tires are bad, because thats definitely not true, but excessive stretch(195 on a 9 for instance) does hurt performance big time.

Haha nice referencing my setup! :p. But what you said is correct though. Indulging in my case, my car is being setup as a low as bawls street setup, so all out handling performance (which I'm actually into suspension/wheels way more than power.. hence why I'm doing what I'm doing) isn't first on the list.

Thats how I feel about tires. I won't even know until I buy them. Lol

Haha.. we get each other's pain :p

I got the answers -

Thanks! Any dimensions on spring length?

Yeah man for sure, and there sure ain't nothing wrong with Function>Form! I've had a Teg before that was rusted, front end was black, body was purple, rear bumper was primer, but had a mean built/semi-tuned Type R. Thing wasn't a looker, but god damn did she fly.

Plus, my roots are in Function>Form anyway:

n554921576_1388983_5799 by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

Since the Mz2, in my eyes, isn't the type of track car I'm looking for, I'm just making it a personalized, and what I think will be pretty awesome, DD. And btw, your car looks awesome.. in it's slammed, and beast mode forms! I'm thinking about either getting a Miata, or another Civic/Teg as a project/track car sometime in the next 2-3 years.

You familiar with Karting at all? Or did I mention it at some point, and you put 2 + 2 together

I am somewhat familiar. A while back I was looking to get into the TAG class but it was a lot more expensive than I thought it would be. I looked at the clones to but I wanted something faster. They are extremely fun though. I go drive the rental karts every now and then and have a ball.

That's weird.. and yeah for sure they look waayyy better lowered. They also look longer when lowered.. to me at least.

Gonna be ordering/getting some stuff either today, or tomorrow:

$(KGrHqZ,!n4FCo65Yb6YBQ25S!uLW!~~60_35.JPG

This: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121045941391?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

(Couldn't find a pic, or get the pic to work)

Fiat symbol on the knob will be covered with something.

I am somewhat familiar. A while back I was looking to get into the TAG class but it was a lot more expensive than I thought it would be. I looked at the clones to but I wanted something faster. They are extremely fun though. I go drive the rental karts every now and then and have a ball.

Wow dude, I did not see this. I swear that it never showed up on my computer, but I saw it on my iPod. That's pretty cool man! Always cool when someone is familiar with the sport. Yeah, it is expensive.. 5 digits for a season for me.. Yikes. I traveled around my whole province up here when I raced. The karts I raced reached 100 mph down the straight I'm actually travelling on in the pic above. I was gonna go into a TAG championship series up here, that was to an be televised, but the Karts were Chinese shitboxes, so the whole series flopped. Unfortunately, that's when my "career" in t ended. Miss it more than anyone can know.

Wow dude, I did not see this. I swear that it never showed up on my computer, but I saw it on my iPod. That's pretty cool man! Always cool when someone is familiar with the sport. Yeah, it is expensive.. 5 digits for a season for me.. Yikes. I traveled around my whole province up here when I raced. The karts I raced reached 100 mph down the straight I'm actually travelling on in the pic above. I was gonna go into a TAG championship series up here, that was to an be televised, but the Karts were Chinese shitboxes, so the whole series flopped. Unfortunately, that's when my "career" in t ended. Miss it more than anyone can know.

Haha it's cool. That's unfortunate that happened. They really are completely awesome. I was surprised and addicted when just the rental kart had me sore. Ever thought about getting back into it?

Back