Alex's Mz2 Build Thread!

Many times man, many times. Wanted to pursue racing as a career.. lot of unfortunate circumstances happened in my life where I couldn't anymore.. planned on moving to England or Australia to pursue it.. had plans to go into Formula Ford, but something always happened where I couldn't. At the age of 20, I'm wayyy behind most guys are. If something happens in the future, something happens, but as of now, I don't plan on getting back in.

Because racing means so much to me, that's a lot of my inspiration toward building this car (i.e white lettered tires, wanting to run R-Comps etc.).. even though it's not gonna be a track car.

Thanks dude, I appreciate that.

Haha, I don't plan on it, to be honest. Like I mentioned before, I'm probably gonna go with a Civic/Teg or Miata as my project car, and that car's sole purpose will be to lap a track as fast as possible ;).

Kids in GP2 (series under F1 for those not in the know), are as young as 16. That's 1 level under F1. So in racing, as competitive as I wanted to be, you need to be young. Haha but don't worry Roddy, I will go on track soon enough.. but as most of you know through modding your car, racing is about 10 times as expensive (to become pro). Most expensive sport in the world, most likely one of the more expensive hobbies in the world (modding cars).. what do we get ourselves into eh?

It's been 5 years since I've been on a track, in anger, competitively.. When I finally get back on there, s***'s going down lol.

On another note, and I gotta do this quick since I'm at work, but I did some math last night, and if funding works out, I'll be able to fit 15x10 +25 6UL's on the whip-sauce. I'm gonna do some drawings/some math tonight and see if my initial calculations were right.

No wide body kit for me ;).. It'll fit.. if my calculations are correct. I'll take a pic of what type of drawings I'm gonna do, once I'm home and they're done.

Just as a note, when I had my summer wheels on, I measured from the lip of the rim, to the edge of the fender, and I had 2 inches to play with. Guess what is almost exactly 2 inches wider from the lip of my summer wheels...... ;)

Mississauga-20130125-00388 by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

Mississauga-20130125-00389 by Alexander D.24, on Flickr

These were to gauge how much stretch, roughly, I could get out of 195/50/15 Toyo R888's using the specs posted on Tirerack on the 10's.. mostly.

I plan on adding more to those drawings.. a lot more measurements and stuff to take. But that's my "rough draft" so far, and it was done quick since my friends are over

Last edited:
Conversely my 2 will be staying 90% unchanged. Looking forward to our first meet of the season, maybe we should lump it in together with a larger mazda group? So it isn't just us 4?

I'd be down for sure.. Not that you 4 aren't a delight, it would be nice to have a larger meet. But that's alright.. you have another car to tinker with anyway ;).

I'm with you guys. You are all lovely, but i'd love to have a big group too! We can still line up our twos being all badass and s***... ;-)

Back