Akuma HT65 Stage 2 Turbo upgrade!

New wastegate is installed!!! All ready to go. I took some logs of the car but it definitely over boosting now. Just waiting for john to send me a new revised map so we can continue to tune this thing!

any dyno charts? also, im guessing he , akuma, does load tuning? how come he doesnt boost tune it? i hear that is the better and easier way now....

You can't compare this thing to a 2871 or 3071. who here has paid or would pay 700.00 for 70hp? well, that's how much more my 2871 makes over this turbo at 24psi. add meth, and my 380whp will become 400+ at 28psi. This is NOT a substitute for a larger, ball bearing turbo, but an option for those who want to hit the 300whp mark. Sorry.

Exactly. That's why I was trying to say this is almost PG turbo - just P&P and larger CW.
My argument on actuator spring was left not commented, so I may say that's just another "money for nothing". Want bigger HP - go bigger turbo, that's just physics.

Yeah i have to agree that in the end, it is still a K04. It all depends on your goals. I personally want to keep a stock looking turbo for warranty purposes but would like to pick up a little more power. i don't really look at the dynojet #s but the mustang dyno #s look good enough.
If anything its another option, especially since the ptp sst isnt for sale anymore it looks like.
But you definitely can't compare this to a BT.

Sorey I didn't mean "money for nothing", wrong expression... I did mean - it won't make as much difference as any bigger cold wheel.

any dyno charts? also, im guessing he , akuma, does load tuning? how come he doesnt boost tune it? i hear that is the better and easier way now....

There is a chart on the first page after the pictures. I haven't had time to upload the latest dyno that I had with the 310hp 354 tq. I'm going to try to do that soon. When we first tuned the car with the new turbo it was load tuned. Since we have been doing the changes we have been boost tuning it. The only problem is the wastegate had a red spring in it and didn't want to boost anything less than 22 psi which we were having trouble with the stock map sensor. I have since gotten a new spring. Car is running fine at 22 psi all the way to red line. At the time of the dyno I was only running 20psi falling to 18psi.

You can't compare this thing to a 2871 or 3071. who here has paid or would pay 700.00 for 70hp? well, that's how much more my 2871 makes over this turbo at 24psi. add meth, and my 380whp will become 400+ at 28psi. This is NOT a substitute for a larger, ball bearing turbo, but an option for those who want to hit the 300whp mark. Sorry.

This turbo spools just as fast as a 2871 and it is still efficient at the 26psi mark. That's for someone else to try because I'm not hitting that anytime soon. The turbo from Akuma with everything that has been done to it and based on the other turbos he has done this same procedure to on evo's, sti's and the gtr's he has had great success. Again this is a prototype from him. Our base was 350+ at the efficient boosting level. Which is pretty damn good for a turbo it's size. Yes there are bigger turbos out there and they will run $700+.

Exactly. That's why I was trying to say this is almost PG turbo - just P&P and larger CW.
My argument on actuator spring was left not commented, so I may say that's just another "money for nothing". Want bigger HP - go bigger turbo, that's just physics.

I left the comment on the spring actuator uncommented because I was going off of what I was told and wanted to see for myself. Right now with the new actuator the car is holding 22 psi across the board. As John stated from the beginning it looked like the wastegate and he was right. I also totally agree with you. Want really big hp go with a gt3071r. This is just another option for guys who want another turbo but don't want to go as much on the crazy side as the bigger gt's.

Yeah i have to agree that in the end, it is still a K04. It all depends on your goals. I personally want to keep a stock looking turbo for warranty purposes but would like to pick up a little more power. i don't really look at the dynojet #s but the mustang dyno #s look good enough.
If anything its another option, especially since the ptp sst isnt for sale anymore it looks like.
But you definitely can't compare this to a BT.

The mustang numbers should go up at the point as the car is running about 2-3 more psi up to 4700rpm and about 4 psi more after that mark. The car made it's most power towards the end of the power band thanks to tuning. I will try to get up to Akuma as soon as I can to get more numbers on this with the way it is running now.

P.S.
I apologize for the late responses as I've been working some pretty late nights lately and haven't had time to write back.

Last edited:
OP what are your EGT's on that tricked out K04...can't imagine that they would be any better especially when u up the boost on that blow dryer

Here you guys goes. I apologize for the delay in getting this up. I've had some family problems and work has been killing me lately. Please see the first post. It contains the most recent dyno graph of the hp of my car at IAG. Again the wheels were spinning most of the time on the dyno.

I finally picked up the new wastegate spring for the car as well. I was having a slight over boost issue that kind of worried me when we couldn't get boost below 23 psi. Going to try to put it in this weekend to see how the car like the yellow spring. I have been riding around like the set up that was done at the dyno.

Hopefully will be able to go to the dyno again soon but trying to find a new apartment as well has made me scale back my spending...

Attachments

• TF1.jpg
    TF1.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Hello!

This is to introduce ourselves as a turbocharger supplier which has many years' experience in this line of business. Our products include many world-famous brands such as Garrett, Holset, KKK, IHI, Mitsubishi etc. We believe that we can become your excellent supplier.

Most of our products are original. And as we know that the dynamic balance performance is very important to turbochargers, therefore, all of our product have undergone rigorous dynamic balance testing, the turbo wheel and compressor wheel can run smoothly at high speed. Besides, oil sealing performance is good, the situation that oil leakage from turbine or compressor will not occur. Some turbochargers may give engine some negative influence, such as power shortage, low boost pressure and black smoke. These will definitely not happen in our products.

Our website is www.enginesworld.com, and my E-mail address is sales"a"enginesworld.com.

Please contact us when you have any request. Thanks.

what is this crap. Get out of my thread with your spam.

I would just like to let you guys know that I have made some changes with the turbo.

Still running the same turbo, sold the wastegate, got a new tune, added a grimmspeed boost controller. Just to see what the car would do with out the wastegate.

Got a tune from the guys on mazdaspeed forums and the car is now making almost 30 hp and 30 tq more than John's tune. I did the virtual dyno of my old tune and got pretty much the exact same HP/TQ. Off by +/-5 of each compared to the dyno jet. So we did a VD on the new tune and am getting 346hp/383tq. again plus or minus 5 on both numbers. Still some more to get out of it but that is just on e-tunes. Still haven't had a chance to get her on a dyno with the winter coming.

Right now we are running 22-21 psi out to red line, 75% meth and 18* of timing.

So yeah, you didn't want to listen to us, but it's not the wastegate which stucks our turbo, it is just the turbo itself.
I do also use PG p/p turbo, quite the same thing, it helped out to break 300g/s of flow, but I taper down to 18psi from 6500 just for the case LOL
And timing is stock so far, further experiments will definetely happen, but not on K04 basis.

Mmm.. I miss York. Anyways... I can't seem to find anything about this re-build on their website. That's sorta frustrating.

They didn't put anything on their website. Its all about word of mouth with this one. You have to physically call them and ask them about it. I think they only have their set few they they made because it was costing them more to make then they were going to get back on them. So its a ask only basis.

Will be going on the dyno on Feb 11th and I have 3 more maps with more aggressive timing to try out as well :)

Car made on consecutive pulls on the VD results. 379HP/415TQ on the new map :) I have 2 more aggressive maps that I will be trying out on the dyno Feb. 11th.

Hmm, I bought a turbo for $50 off Ebay... maybe I'll take this to them if I can expect those types of results.

Hmm, I bought a turbo for $50 off Ebay... maybe I'll take this to them if I can expect those types of results.

it's definitely worth a shot. Tell him Tim sent you and he should give you a good deal since I'm the only one running the turbo.

A few weeks ago the on a dyno that was showing some numbers on the lower side.

ran 321hp/366 hp.

Now my tuner and I on msf are going to be running 100% meth, I received my bigger 3bar maf and piggyback that I will be installing this weekend and hooking up my GS EBC to 3 port mode, not to mention we are turning the boost up to 25PSI up to 4500rpm :) we are going to push it to the max to see what it will do/respond!

also after we get this next mod worked out we are going to run 50/50 e85...

Back