ajkulish's Build Thread #2

ajkulish

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT & 2001 SC Protege
The last one got accidentally deleted so heres the new one.

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0406-1.jpg

interior.jpg

Engine:
Eaton m62 clutched supercharger
CX racing piping kit
Cartech 20005 RRFPR w/ JEGS fuel pressure gauge
Spectre air filter
Ebay header wrapped
GReddy Type RS knock off BOV
2.25 Inch Custom catless exhaust
Mp3 ECU reflash
SouthBend DXD rally series racing clutch
Midieval front motor mount
AWR passenger and driver side motor mount inserts
Corksport Bronzoil shifter bushings
red valve cover
red wire wrap
chrome bolt caps
2002 Transmission

Suspension:
Ksport RR Coilovers (14k,12k)
Ford Escape front endlinks
Racing Beat rear sway bar
Racing Beat FSB
MSP strut bar
Racing Beat springs (winter)
Stagg struts (front winter)
Tociko Blues (rear winter)
camber bolts (winter).

Brakes:
Stoptech Street Performance front pads
AAP rear pads
AAP cross drilled rotors
Red calipers

Exterior:
Enkei Evo5 17x7 +42 wrapped in 215 45 zr17 Primewell PZ 900's (summer)
black painted stockers wrapped in 205 50 16 mastercraft glacier grip II (winter front) and Multimile (winter rear)
Mazdaspeed front bumper
Chargespeed STI front lip
quick release bumper tabs
Mazdaspeed side skirts
Explorer Procomp 55 5 inch round fog lights
35% tint
red altezza tails
sedan spoiler
debadged rear
black emblem front
6000k hids hi/lo
shaved side moldings
top part of grille wrapped in cf tape
3A racing muffler tip
duraflex mudflaps (winter)
LED license plate lights

Interior:
Pyle Blue Wave 12" sub
600w Lightning Audio amp
Sony 6x9 rears 4 way
Sony gtx head unit
Sunpro gauges (volt, oil pressure, oil temp)
cf tape around edges of console surround w/ red pinstripe
Type S shift knob w/ blue leds
Mazdaspeed shifter
silver accent paint
Mazdaspeed front seats
AEM UEGO
Sunpro boost gauge
Perrin gauge pod
Radar Detector

Recognition:

2nd place Street Touring in Championship points rating​

yesterday i switched out my battery, replaced a blown fuse, washed it, tightened a belt, and adjusted the rrfpr

Nope I'm waiting till I'm out of school. I'll be done in a couple weeks and home for summer.

I have some stuff to do too and I'm out of a job. So now I can actually get some stuff done, but I really need another job.

well since i let you do a weeks worth of work in my garage and you have some free time, youre gonna be over all next week helping me with the intake manifold, radiator, and intercooler. :)

got some new tires for the summer wheels. i figured once cord was showing it would be a good time to replace em. also i decided that the car is gonna get a complete visual overhaul this summer. i am going to do the following

install cooling and intake parts the upcoming week
then after i get my paycheck i will buy an ssafc and tune.
and immediately after that i will start fixing all fitment of body panels, fixing rust, sanding and bondoing whereever i need to and removing dents.
then i will be painting the car on my own. i have decided i will be going matte because it shows imperfections less. so the decision is mainly between matte military green with some stenciling or matte silver. if i go military green the wheels will be painted black with a red lip. im not sure though, im very open to suggestions for paint colors. silver would be easiest though with door jams and underhood.
also all trim pieces will be plastidiped and underrhood pieces are going to get finished properly.

im sick of driving a car that has problems. so instead of modify, im gonna fix everything.

track tires mounted, spark plugs changed, first synthetic oil change, and gas treatment. havent driven her yet, but i will to autocross in the morning :)

thanks brotha. and im using falken azenis 615ks for autocross. i love them!

IMAG0709.jpg

IMAG0708.jpg

completely fixed misfire and repaired a ton of cut corners. gave it a full wash and started on the intercooler and radiator. the intercooler is coming along nicely!

sub.. but also 2 things..

1- quick release bumper clips are supposed to hold the bumper up w/ no gap.. adjust them!

2- this thread can be labeled #1 since the og #1 got deleted.. no one the wiser!

thanks for the subs guys haha.

and yep the bov fit with that radiator. but i also swapped for an msp radiator today and the 6 blade fan. got the whole intercooler hooked up too. though for some reason i have a boost leak somewhere that i will have to find tomorrow. and damien, while the bumper is off i am adjusting EVERYTHING to make the headlights and bumper all fit gapless again! ive been making leaps of progress with this car. with the next paycheck ill be buying an ssafc. but a quick question. what is the difference between an ssafc v1 and an ssafc v2?

Back