Air Conditioning Compressor gone South!

fxpthl

Well folks, this is about my son's 1990 Miata. He just purchased this jewel of a car from a fellow club member but the air conditioner was frozen, pardon the pun, and now we need to replace it. Have any of you had to do the same and how or where did you secure the part? I have gone online and there appear to be many part companies that are out there but I don't feel like buying from anyone until I hear from you folks. Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited:
OK then, no one has ever ever had their air conditioning compressor die? I guess that say volumes for their reliability doesn't it? After so many "views" I figured someone out there could help me find a good re-built unit or at least an online supplier I couldl trust to help out. Not enough interest in this I guess!

Unfortunately there isn't a lot of Miata traffic on here, you should go to Miata.net for a better response. I've been out to sea with a slow connection so didn't post much. If you are looking for a used unit, check out Panic Motorsports or The Parts Group (I have had experience with both and they are good).

Latest posts

Back