Aftermarket Seats in the MS6

Otacon_X

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport
Is anyone running an aftermarket seat in their MS6? I was contemplating putting in an aftermarket seat but I was curious as to what would fit and what wouldn't. What brackets would be needed, etc. I was looking at Corbeau and Sparco, with Recaro as an expensive option. I also would like to be able to sit in ones prior to purchase. Do stores exist that let a person try the seat out? Thanks guys.

55 views and note on response....is there a MS6 site that actually has members who can help out?

well i think its cause the stock ms6 seats are pretty nice, and comfy....

There are plenty of forums for mazdas. I dont know of anyone on here that have aftermarket seats in a mazdaspeed 6. Speed 6 isn't really a "race track" car so no need really imo.

sorry i cant help out but i dont know anything about seats.

yeah actually your the first dude that i have ever heard of wanting to do something like that.
another idea tho.....

Speed3 seats would be nice :) Anything is possible if you cane make the mounting work.

55 views and note on response....is there a MS6 site that actually has members who can help out?

Relax man, would you rather get an answer in a week, or come back to find senseless babble every day?

Anyways, I'd suggest going with Corbeaus, they're a solid seat, reasonably priced, and look great. I believe they make a factory sliding mount for the 6/MS6, so you won't have to fab anything up.

One other thing to remember is that you'll be losing your side air bags. You're airbag light will be on constantly. What you'll need to do is measure the resistance for the seat airbag and fab up a dummy load so that the car thinks the SAB is still there. Or you stare at the idiot light every day. I believe the load is 100 ohms, but don't quote me on that.

Back