After Carplay Installation

Hi Folks !
An update for those who are wondering, I just bought the hub from this seller on amazon : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0999C284Q/
They were super responsive, and received the hub in a good package, which was a little confusing, I was expecting a cheap "global product"

Anyway, now Apple/Android CarPlay is installed, It took me maybe 1h30/2h (Thank you Canadian winter -20C) but I have my white ugly cable, running along the central console..I was wondering is somebody tried to hide the cable by unclipping all the central console (similar process as installing the applecarplay hub) to have the cable going out near the cigarette lighter
(Im open to drill a little hole on the plastic)

Thank you for your feedback !

Attachments

• 12082_st0640_087.jpeg
    12082_st0640_087.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 127
Hi Folks !
An update for those who are wondering, I just bought the hub from this seller on amazon : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0999C284Q/
They were super responsive, and received the hub in a good package, which was a little confusing, I was expecting a cheap "global product"

Anyway, now Apple/Android CarPlay is installed, It took me maybe 1h30/2h (Thank you Canadian winter -20C) but I have my white ugly cable, running along the central console..I was wondering is somebody tried to hide the cable by unclipping all the central console (similar process as installing the applecarplay hub) to have the cable going out near the cigarette lighter
(Im open to drill a little hole on the plastic)

Thank you for your feedback !
I used a USB port extension cable to install mine. I removed all of the console panels/covers to make it easier to see where I was playing the cable. I drilled a hole in the front tray area next to the accessory socket. I also drilled a hole inside the storage area of the center console to access the Carplay specific USB port. I installed the input/female end of the USB port first. After that, I routed the cable through the center console area under the shift lever, commander knob, etc. all the way to center console storage compartment. I used a little black tape to secure the cable inside the storage compartment so it doesn't get in the way or pulled on. Pretty simple, but it eliminates the need for a long cable that gets in the way.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 06, 8 33 44 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 06, 8 33 44 PM.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Photo Feb 06, 8 34 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 06, 8 34 19 PM.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Photo Feb 06, 8 39 06 PM.png
    Photo Feb 06, 8 39 06 PM.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 116
I used a USB port extension cable to install mine. I removed all of the console panels/covers to make it easier to see where I was playing the cable. I drilled a hole in the front tray area next to the accessory socket. I also drilled a hole inside the storage area of the center console to access the Carplay specific USB port. I installed the input/female end of the USB port first. After that, I routed the cable through the center console area under the shift lever, commander knob, etc. all the way to center console storage compartment. I used a little black tape to secure the cable inside the storage compartment so it doesn't get in the way or pulled on. Pretty simple, but it eliminates the need for a long cable that gets in the way.
Damn bro ! Thank you so much for your replied ! That's exactly what I wanted to do ! (except that I didn't think about your cable extension ! It looks well made congrats !

Back