AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

I will check for vacuum leaks. I got everything installed over the weekend. I tried using the R4 software but all of my laptops are up to date and will not run the software. So I ordered a refurbished laptop with xp on it for $50. It should be coming in today and I am going to hook it up and see what happens.

I will check for vacuum leaks. I got everything installed over the weekend. I tried using the R4 software but all of my laptops are up to date and will not run the software. So I ordered a refurbished laptop with xp on it for $50. It should be coming in today and I am going to hook it up and see what happens.

In the meantime, try running a virtual machine on your current laptop and install Windows XP. You can use Oracle VirtualBox for free and try passing the USB connection from the physical laptop to the virtual PC. As long as you have a good quality Serial to USB conversion cable with drivers that should work.

Okay, so I got everything installed and my computer is up and running with the R4 software. One question I had, Can you tune anything before going into boost or is the car in closed loop at that time?

Some say the AFC will lean out the car when in closed loop but from my understanding the AFC is a glorified MAF clamp and it only alters the fuel trims when the "over pressure" that you set in the R4 software is reached.

Okay, so if I were to set the "over pressure" at 0.5psi would that mean the SSAFC will kick in at that point and start reading from the map? Also, when I start the car and let it idle the AFR sits between 10:2 - 10:4 this is really rich. Now the SSAFC will not let me tune idle or anything before boost, if I am understanding this correctly. And when I get into boost it reads 10:0 just about the entire time. It will jump up to 10:3-10:5 occasionally but still that is rich. On my map I have all 10's in all the cells up until 0.5psi and then I drop to 9.5 and decreases to high 8's in the 14psi-16psi range. It runs pretty good going into boost up until about 5psi then it starts to hesitate and boost seems to give me no power. Im still working with that. But the car is running very rich even before boost. I installed the 440cc injectors. Should I go back to stock injectors or should I just keep trying to tune AFR? And since I cant tune before boost is it okay to run 10:0's then when I get into boost lean it out and aim for mid 11:0's throughout boost?

Okay, so if I were to set the "over pressure" at 0.5psi would that mean the SSAFC will kick in at that point and start reading from the map?
Yes. Once you hit 0.5psi, the SSAFC will condition the O2 sensor signal, and begin to read your map (everything higher than 0.5psi).

You should buy a more comprehensive tuning solution. The SS-AFC is fine for smaller injector / stock turbo builds, but it's only so capable. You might be maxxing-out the stock MAF with that turbo.

Running a AFR of 10:1 in vacuum is not OK. You're thinning the oil with excess fuel, clogging a cat if you have one, and will soon get a CEL for Bank 1 Too Rich. It's been a long time since I've had the Protege, and can't recall if 440's can be scaled (idled via fuel trims) in closed loop by the stock ECU.

I didn't even think about maxing out the MAF. But I definitely need to do something about the 10:1 ratio when at idle. Pulled the spark plugs out today and they were black from running so rich. So the car is parked for now until I get some more money up. I am also going to change the fuel packs out as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hey so I just bought a psc1020. Does this unit come already with the stock supermap preloaded or will I have to upload that to the afc?

if the unit you purchased is brand new then it will come with the superstock map loaded.

This a long thread. I just got a PSC1020E. It did not come with wiring instructions. Can someone send me a copy. This is V2 with data logging.

Need wiring info for the 4 orange wires for data logging for SS AFC V2. Have unit installed just need info to complete. Looked on website

I know this thread is kinda old but, I will ask a very silly question. What is the HP range for an MSP with a AFC, Catless 2.5" exhaust and a CAI? I have the 440cc injectors that I can install, what will be the difference if I install these and run the map for 440cc injectors? Do I need to install fuel rail with these injectors? Im new to this mod scene.

It all depends on the health of your motor, your exhaust and intake setup, your tune, the size of your turbo and boost level. With the stock SMIC you probably won't make much more than 200whp. You won't need the larger injectors unless you are running more than ~14psi, in which case you will probably need a built motor as well. You won't need a fuel rail with the 440s, they are a direct drop in replacement for the stock injectors.

Seeing as this thread is a few years old, are any of these split second maps, hardware, or software still available? Its tax return season and I want to go ahead and get some form of management

Back