AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

Sooooo....anybody have any idea why I'm running pig rich with the AFC? 10.0 afrs at WOT. It's very much like the stock tune. The AFC seems to be working, its seeing the correct vac. And I used to get 11.6 at wot back in the day when I installed it. Always ran the Supermap, I've tried reloading it and resetting the ECU. Mods have not changed since install, (shrug)

Last edited:
Everything seems like its correct, its seeing the correct vac, rpm, the map values, the blue box jumps across the values like it should, I dont know.

System settings:
Display Mode - Vacuum / Pressure
Application - Programmable Signal Calibrator

Engine settings:
4 Cylinder
4 Stroke

Output settings:
PWM mode - 0-30psi/3vdc FS
Output A - Aux Fuel pump with abortive start time
Output B - Over Pressure (Over RPM or Over Pressure if you prefer)
Over RPM - 6000
Over Pressure - 0.5 (or whatever pressure you want to command open loop)
Over INJ% - 90
Fuel Pump start pressure Psi - -1
Fuel Pump run time - 3
Fuel Pump startup time - 120

Last edited:
Brief lean-AFR spikes in SSAFC data logging from the wideband

Does anyone know why these Lean Spikes (see picture: lean_spike.JPG) occur?

The depicted region is from 5000 to 5500 RPM, at maximum zoom.

The AFR seems to be at a steady level except for those quick spikes. The spikes seem to occur randomly between data logging sessions. They are very brief, so the Wideband gauge usually doesn't refresh its display at that particular moment, but when it does, I see a brief, very lean reading and I get freaked out because I should not be running the car that lean.

The other strange thing in the attached picture are the other (unused) auxiliary-inputs' activities. The Wideband reading is the only thing that is logged in the SSAFC; the other three auxiliary inputs on the SSAFC are not connected to anything, yet they show moderate activity. I'd expect those unused inputs to have a flat curve at the bottom of the scale.

The Wideband is fairly new so I'm guessing that it isn't malfunctioning. Also, I moved the Wideband's ground cable directly to the car battery thinking that maybe I had a bad ground, but that didn't make the spikes go away.

Are those Lean spikes real and I should be concerned, or just some ghost readings courtesy of the SSAFC?

To me, that looks like noise. The first place I would check for issues is the ground on the SSAFC. Where is it grounded and HOW is it grounded?

Brief lean-AFR spikes in SSAFC data logging from the wideband

To me, that looks like noise. The first place I would check for issues is the ground on the SSAFC. Where is it grounded and HOW is it grounded?

I followed the installation instructions and connected the SSAFC's ground wire to the factory ECU's ground wire. However, I didn't tap the wires as the instructions said, I soldered them to ensure a good connection. I covered the connection with electrical tape. I connected all of SSAFC's wires in similar fashion to the corresponding wires on the car's ECU.

Bump (Not that it matters since this thread is Sticky; maybe that's the problem).

Maybe I should have created a separate thread for my question instead of piggy-backing off of this one.

How old is your wideband? Have you taken it out and inspected it?

It's about 7 months old. About 7,000 km on it. But I've had these spikes since I started data-logging shortly after I got the Wideband. I bought it brand new. When cruising with constant (light) throttle, or in idle, Wideband gauge readings are about .5 up and down from 14.7, so that's pretty much dead-on. I never tried data-logging in idle to see if any spikes exist then. I might do that.

In boost; how much change in afr do you guys see for each change in the fuel map? When I was tuning my car, each .1 change on the map caused a 1pt (in boost.) This makes for some very coarse tunes. Thoughts anyone?

Back