Advance Locking System

pancho

:
2014 CX-5 GT Tech
Is there a warning signal or a way to avoid locking the car with the door lock switch and leaving the key inside de vehicle?

Were you close to the car with the other key in your pocket when she locked her key in the car?

The only sure fire way I've found to avoid locking keys in a car is to only lock it with the keyfob. I know that isn't an answer to the original question but now that it is a habit it doesn't even cross my mind to hit the button on the door as I'm getting out.

Yep, you can definitely lock the keys inside. I checked for my wife. You can't on my Nissan with the comfort access but you definitely can with the CX-5.

If you can lock the keys inside, why can't you unlock it?

Its not possible with my keyless system on my xtrail.

and once you lock it with a key inside it should ignore that key's signal until you press a button on the fob (handy for hiding a spare key in the car if you ever need to, not so handy for inadvertently leaving a key inside)

Why isn't the key fob in her purse? Why is she taking it out. It should always be in her purse with her.

I had a spare key cut for my Mazda CX7. The key will only allow me to open the door but, not start the engine. I carry the spare in my billfold.

Go to home depot and have them copy the hard key in your fob, buy a magnetic key box and put it under the hood just if front of the wipers. If ever locked out use it to open car door.

I'll try to tell that to my wife, because she's done it twice already !

So she had the key inside the car and was still able to lock it using the black button on the outside of the door? Where did she leave the key inside, because I've done that a few times (I normally drop the key into the cupholders when I get in) and every single time the car has refused to lock the doors. I press the button but nothing happens. That's when I realize I left the key inside.

So she had the key inside the car and was still able to lock it using the black button on the outside of the door? Where did she leave the key inside, because I've done that a few times (I normally drop the key into the cupholders when I get in) and every single time the car has refused to lock the doors. I press the button but nothing happens. That's when I realize I left the key inside.

My wife always carry the key inside her handbag, sometimes she puts the handbay in the passengers seat, other times in the back seat.
I'm going to try all different scenarios and see which ones work and which ones don't

It should give you the range in the handbook, my Nissan is about 3 foot from memory.

My wife always carry the key inside her handbag, sometimes she puts the handbay in the passengers seat, other times in the back seat.
I'm going to try all different scenarios and see which ones work and which ones don't

Here is a short video I made showing how my car won't lock the door. Now I only pressed twice to try and lock it, maybe if your press multiple times or press and hold the button the car will lock the doors, but I don't know for sure. I'm curious to see what you find out as far as when it will lock.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECfBAxO-CFg

Last edited:
My wife got locked out today but we still don't know how she managed to do it.

- She came out of the supermarket with our 2-year-old and a bag of groceries.
- She opened the liftgate and put the grocery bag and her purse (with the key in it) into the trunk
- She closed the liftgate and went to try to load our son into the car but was now locked out; all the doors were locked and the liftgate wouldn't open

We tried reproducing this same scenario but every time we closed the liftgate with the key inside the trunk, the warning beeps would sound repeatedly and we could open the liftgate again.

Maybe something in her purse was shielding the key fob and the locking system did not sense the key was in the car?

My wife got locked out today but we still don't know how she managed to do it.

- She came out of the supermarket with our 2-year-old and a bag of groceries.
- She opened the liftgate and put the grocery bag and her purse (with the key in it) into the trunk
- She closed the liftgate and went to try to load our son into the car but was now locked out; all the doors were locked and the liftgate wouldn't open

We tried reproducing this same scenario but every time we closed the liftgate with the key inside the trunk, the warning beeps would sound repeatedly and we could open the liftgate again.

I think she was pushing wrong button on tailgate, I did something similar when I first got CX-5 Grand Touring.

2 buttons back there and next to each other: 1 is the request button (to lock and unlock), 1 button is tailgate release (to open hatch). I have seen Mazda service advisor get confused, (not that they are that competent).

Back