AC compressor cost

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
The AC compressor seems to be prone to failure. I have no feeling for the percentage or failure rate. However, I am at 33,000 miles and can get an extended Mazda warranty that covers the AC unit for ~ $1,000. My question is what are people paying at independent shops to replace the compressor and associated bits in the event of a compressor lock up that results in a tow?

I just did a review at my local FIRESTONE dealer who was will ing to itemise cost if the compressor locks up and the car is towed. Out-the-door-cost to replace the compressor, compressor drive clutch, acumulater and new belt is $1353,59

Come on guys, I need more input here. Cost of replacing the AC unit that required a tow due to total failure.

do it yourself and it will cost 351 (oem mazda unit) and the cost of a serp belt + the charging system costs

Can somebody tell me how in the heck you get the ac compressor out of this friggin car. Well out of warranty and clutch is seized.

Please somebody let me know how the heck to get this thing out.....dont feel like giving repair shop 1500 dollars if i can do it myself.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back