Abnormal vibration and problem with brakes

Hello there. I'm new in the forum and need answers for my problem. My Mazda5 vibrates abnormally when it travels between 20 and 40 MPH, so I had a bad feeling about it (transmission). Also, I replace the master brake cylinder and pads (front and rear) and bleed the system, but the pedal feels spongy when pressed (as if have air in the lines) and the BRAKE light stays on after the emergency brake was not engaged. Finally the instrument panel lights blinks when the car is in idle. Right know there are no lights on the panel (except BRAKE). Any help will be very appreciated.

Ruben

Year of car? Automatic Transmission or Manual?

If you get the car to 35mph and shift the transmission to neutral, does the vibration go away? If it goes away, it's not in the drive train. It'll be in the wheels.

Also, I replace the master brake cylinder and pads (front and rear) and bleed the system, but the pedal feels spongy when pressed (as if have air in the lines) and the BRAKE light stays on after the emergency brake was not engaged. Finally the instrument panel lights blinks when the car is in idle. Right know there are no lights on the panel (except BRAKE). Any help will be very appreciated.

Ruben

What year and model is your 5? Can you pull the OBD code for your brake light? My manual has about 5 pages of troubleshooting for brakes.

Hi.

Year 2008 and it's automatic (5-speed). The tires had 1 year of use, and no, don't have the OBD code for the red light, and if I depress the accelerator, the vibration stops. Today the car it's in the mechanic to make the diagnostic. Fingers crossed.

I don't see how a bad ABS pump would cause spongy brakes (I'm not even close to an ABS expert). But since you have all those other symptoms...who knows what went wrong. I hope they made the right call.

Please keep us posted.

Back