54 months of ownership, 3rd car wash

:
2012 Mazda5 Touring
Well will be almost 5 years since we purchased our 2012 brand new this July.

55K miles so far
7 oil changes
1 set of michelin tires
air filter

Total maintenance cost has been $17/month over the time we have owned it.
27.3 MPG lifetime average

I use the car as a beater, road trip with family, with our two boys, and for when our parents/inlaws visit monthly.

The car has been washed 2 times in 54 months. I quick detail it weekly and it looks great. Well yesterday decided to give it 3rd wash.

Full rotary polish
Clay bar
Wax
Swirl Remover
Sealant

Looks better than the day I picked it up new.

wanted to share some pictures

Well after 8.5 hours this is the finished product. Instead of Carnauba went with Griots sealant. Since I didn't want the depth of the paint as my other cars, but more long lasting, since this car is beat up more (relatively speaking).

Last edited:
Holy Crap! That was time well spent my man, she looks AMAZING. Wish mine cleaned up half as well, though I do tend to wash mine a little more frequently LOL

Holy Crap! That was time well spent my man, she looks AMAZING. Wish mine cleaned up half as well, though I do tend to wash mine a little more frequently LOL

Thank you sir. Does look very nice, especially under the sun.

Yeah I usually wash a car every 2-3 years at the most.

Wow looks great! She's still new, I think the most I've spent waxing n polishing has been 2-3hrs ,by then I've usually had enough and or my arms have! ,if only We could get away with washing every few years, but living in Canada almost needed everyday. (bang)

Canada has gorgeous women tho ...

Yeah the machine rotary and porter cable cut down on the time

Wouldn't have been possible to get the same results by hand

Wow looks great! She's still new, I think the most I've spent waxing n polishing has been 2-3hrs ,by then I've usually had enough and or my arms have! ,if only We could get away with washing every few years, but living in Canada almost needed everyday. (bang)
We can get by with a quick spray wash weekly/monthly (depending on time of year), and only do a full hand wash like this one every year or so... Too bad many municipalities here frown on hand washing on the streets/driveways... Soaps, solvents, and the like entering the storm drain system rather than the treated sewage system... Some towns even have bylaws prohibiting it here...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Washing cars here is restricted
Not that , it's any reason for me not to

I have been fined 6 times by the city last two years for watering my lawn

I rather pay fines and have a beautifully landscaped house

Very nice. It's shinier than my 2013 I bought last September. :)

We get plenty of natural water here, so I wash my car about every two or three weeks in my driveway. All the mud on my 5 from the first week of March got blasted off by driving the highways in hard rain for three days this week. :D

Very nice. It's shinier than my 2013 I bought last September. :)

We get plenty of natural water here, so I wash my car about every two or three weeks in my driveway. All the mud on my 5 from the first week of March got blasted off by driving the highways in hard rain for three days this week. :D
you have natural water and natural chested women, two things we don't have here :D

Very nice. Hard to say/believe it is a 4 year old car. Almost makes me want to clean mine. I bought and used my oribtial once -about 10 years ago :p

and nice garage too.

Very nice. Hard to say/believe it is a 4 year old car. Almost makes me want to clean mine. I bought and used my oribtial once -about 10 years ago :p

and nice garage too.

Thank you

For a daily driver/family beater/kid hauler/ cheap car (compared to Oddy and Sienna), I am surprised how good it looks, how well it has aged, and how cheap the maintenance has been

Canada has gorgeous women tho ...

Yeah the machine rotary and porter cable cut down on the time

Wouldn't have been possible to get the same results by hand

hey thanks!, I have to agree with that! We do have beautiful women here! glad I got to marry one of them. , how much would you say you spent in dollars total for the tools and products?

Back