3in exhaust Thursday

KyRaceFan

:
03 MSP.
Thursday morning at 11am, going to Nocturnal Motorsports in Louisville Ky for a custom 3in exhaust. This will of course be from the factory midpipe back, using SS mandrel bends and a flex section.
The muffler im using is a dynomax race welded muffler, 3in in/out.

Also going in this week are KartBoy Shifter bushings, and Corksport SS clutch lines.

Cant wait. :)

I unbolted the catback section today, and the car doesnt really seem faster yet, but its incredibly loud. :)
Nice and deep though....
Muahahahaha

KyRaceFan said:
I unbolted the catback section today, and the car doesnt really seem faster yet, but its incredibly loud. :)
Nice and deep though....
Muahahahaha
Ya on our dyno from putting the thermal on with stock cat's I belive we gained like 1 whp and loss torque.

Dont forget to add the (evil) smiley face when saying muhahaha. (angel)

pip7441622 said:
Yes, I can vouch for unbolting the stock cat-back section with the stock cats sucking.
Huh?

Other than noise, i dont think i really changed anything, and the only reason I did it was to avoid lugging the stock exhaust pieces home with me.

Also, anyone notice its only 2in wide at the flanges. Gay.

Yeah, sucks with just the stock downpipe and cats, and not cat-back. Lots of noise and less power. I tried it out once.

The shop i took the car too did a pretty nice job of getting my 3in exhaust all fabbed up today. That is until they ran out of welding gas with just the muffler left to weld on. No biggie, going back tomorrow morning to finish things up.
Right now, the car sounds absolutely gross. Its hard to describe what it sounds like. All turbine, and very harsh.. sounds pissed off.
A quick rev in nuetral and all you hear is the whistle of the turbine. :D So sexy.

Also a cool thing was the fabricator has some awesome ideas on replacing the stock callaway downpipe with a 2.5 in piece using a donut bend, and some awesome fabrication. Im excited to see this play out sometime soon.
But for now, my exhaust starts where the cats were, and is 3in back, so i have more to gain.

Im also pissed because the exhaust is 1.75in stock. Effin ridiculous.

They also want to work on the fuel system a bit, and maybe try an AFC.

Pics/Vids should be up this weekend.

:D

Pics/VidsPics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/Vids Pics/VidsPics/Vids

Back