323 GTX or 323 GT

:)

Ok so get this. I'm on my lunch and driving down the street and there is this 323 Hatch parked in the lot in fron of a pawn shop, i hurry switch lanes and pull in.

Its just a regualr 323, but its a manual. Bonus pts. So i write a note to the guy/gal that i'm interested in purchasing their car. So we'll see if they call.

Haha, too funny. Maybe its just me.

i did that with a guy around my area that had a ae86 parked out on the street all beat up, but he told me he wanted 3500 dollars, i laughed

Captain KRM P5 said:
me or kyle? :)

its funny, i actually bid on a 323GT a few months back on ebay and had kyle go and test drive it. he was fairly impressed with the car. i think it would make a great track car. the electronicaly adjustable suspension would be of benefit.

muwahaha!

I'd go for the GTX. The GT's are uber-rare. You said you were worried about tearing apart the MP3, I'd be more worried about destroying the GT. It's a fun car, but I wouldn't recommend it for a track. Me, personally, I'd get a early 90's sedan, gut it, stiffen it up tremendously, install a stong LSD and drop a lightly tuned GTX in it.

GHOSTWHISPER said:
i did that with a guy around my area that had a ae86 parked out on the street all beat up, but he told me he wanted 3500 dollars, i laughed

We shall see... people are greedy... we all are.. ;) And everythings for sale for the right price to most people.

SpicyMchaggis said:
muwahaha!

I'd go for the GTX. The GT's are uber-rare. You said you were worried about tearing apart the MP3, I'd be more worried about destroying the GT. It's a fun car, but I wouldn't recommend it for a track. Me, personally, I'd get a early 90's sedan, gut it, stiffen it up tremendously, install a stong LSD and drop a lightly tuned GTX in it.

My other option i'm still tempting with is a 2nd Gen Probe GT or a dream of 3rd Gen RX7, but don't have that kinda cash currently. The reason I like the GTX so much is the AWD, the RX7 is a duh plus RWD. The probe I just like the looks of it. Miatas are popular for autox, but i only like 99+. So many ideas, never enough time, money, blah blah blah.

SilentSno said:
I like the older body better, assuming i understand all this correctly, but they sold a GTX in 90-93 years? Or just a GTX in a certain year with the body that was in the 323 years 90-93?
The later year, BG-body wasn't sold in America, unfortunately. But thenickledstork.com has a few that were imported from Australia and NZ. Not street legal, though.

Also, is this person Dru that had his white 323 in SCC magazine? If so, that is one very nice ride. After seeing that car, I had a whole new outlook on the BG 323's.

Hmm. FWD is great for auto-X! Why not just buy a 1st gen AWD protege and put a GTX in that? Yes..awd protege's do exist..My buddy jon has one..or..well..had one? It was red and looked like it had a few stories to tell..haha.

I vote PROBEGT, surprise surprise. Just kidding the GTX is def cool and the rareness factor is a big pluse:)

heres those pics for you man.
1z.jpg

2z.jpg

3z.jpg

He wants 3300 obo, and has a lot of extra parts, and has a full roll bar, looks a lot better in person

Latest posts

Back