2022 CX-9 GSL Headlight beam vibration/shaking issue

Hi everyone. Im new here. Got a 2022 cx9 gsl about a month ago. I am noticing that the headlight beam is shaking or vibrating when going over bumps. I have checked and everything seems all tight. This is the regular led headlight not the steering responsive one. Anyone else having or faced the same issue? Thanks.

I think I see what you maybe seeing. It's subtle but it's almost like the bumper or hood is loose and the headlights shake to it. It'll be hard to replicate, I have an ioil change scheduled today at a dealer, ill ask about it.

I think I see what you maybe seeing. It's subtle but it's almost like the bumper or hood is loose and the headlights shake to it. It'll be hard to replicate, I have an ioil change scheduled today at a dealer, ill ask about it.
Please let me know what the dealer said. Good luck.

I have it too on my 2020 9 GT. Definitely not normal and getting worse. Lights vibrate/flicker when at a stop with car in gear just by the engine/trans own vibration alone. Also you can see it happen very well at night when you are following cars and drive over the slightest bumps. Too afraid to take to dealer to remove front end to get to lights but will have to before warranty is out.

Last edited:
I have to too on my 2020 9 GT. Definitely not normal and getting worse. Lights vibrate/flicker when at a stop with car in gear just by the engine/trans own vibration alone. Also you can see it happen very well at night when you are following cars and drive over the slightest bumps. Too afraid to take to dealer to remove front end to get to lights but will have to before warranty is out.
Your GT should have AFS headlights - I believe. Looks like its impacting both regular and AF headlights :(

Exact same problem. Thanks for posting the video so that others can understand. I took it to one dealer they said its working as normal and its due to auto leveling feature. Will take it to another one when ita time for next service.
Not normal at all and that is BS from the dealer and I wouldn't accept that. The light actually flickers and vibrates in the housing abnormally with normal road conditions AND at idle with transmission in gear at a stop light. It is not the afs or auto leveling with load causing the bulb flicker. It is very annoying and distracting to other drivers as well. I have not gone do the dealer for this tet in fear of incompetence since the front bumper assembly needs to come off if the housing needs replacement. Ive got a list of many other things I bring up at the same time before my BTB warranty expires. Lots of QC issues, including something loose in the dash above the glovebox that slides and clanks during turns along with what sounds like a metallic nut or bolt loose sliding in the dash too. Ridiculous

Not normal at all and that is BS from the dealer and I wouldn't accept that. The light actually flickers and vibrates in the housing abnormally with normal road conditions AND at idle with transmission in gear at a stop light. It is not the afs or auto leveling with load causing the bulb flicker. It is very annoying and distracting to other drivers as well. I have not gone do the dealer for this tet in fear of incompetence since the front bumper assembly needs to come off if the housing needs replacement. Ive got a list of many other things I bring up at the same time before my BTB warranty expires. Lots of QC issues, including something loose in the dash above the glovebox that slides and clanks during turns along with what sounds like a metallic nut or bolt loose sliding in the dash too. Ridiculous
Here’s the challenge, Mazda doesn’t want to fix it

The first service center gave me the BS that it was normal. I opened a ticket with Mazda USA and they recommended I try another dealer.

I did, and that dealer agreed that it wasn’t normal. They sent Mazda my video, recreated it and sent them their own video. Mazda repeatedly came back saying that it was normal behavior. Ironically, the service center provided me a loaner - a 2022 CX9 also with adaptive lamps, and that one did not wiggle anywhere near as bad as mine.

After about 10 days of them holding my car, I picked it up with no path to a resolution.

Mazda as a brand has been pencilled into my sh*t list for sure. I’d unload the car and eat everything I’ve put into it, but the trade in value of the car has dropped by 30% in a year so it’s going to take some budgeting and luck to not end up too far into the red.

Here’s the challenge, Mazda doesn’t want to fix it

The first service center gave me the BS that it was normal. I opened a ticket with Mazda USA and they recommended I try another dealer.

I did, and that dealer agreed that it wasn’t normal. They sent Mazda my video, recreated it and sent them their own video. Mazda repeatedly came back saying that it was normal behavior. Ironically, the service center provided me a loaner - a 2022 CX9 also with adaptive lamps, and that one did not wiggle anywhere near as bad as mine.

After about 10 days of them holding my car, I picked it up with no path to a resolution.

Mazda as a brand has been pencilled into my sh*t list for sure. I’d unload the car and eat everything I’ve put into it, but the trade in value of the car has dropped by 30% in a year so it’s going to take some budgeting and luck to not end up too far into the red.
The problem is is that every single corporation is evil and greedy and won't do what's right until their hand is forced by bad publicity or lawsuits. It's a systemic problem in this country and they just deny deny deny and take no responsibility, betting on the fact that you will just give up and most people do. It's very very sad.

I won’t get into greedy corporations or not, but I had the same problem (with the headlights, not the corporation). Did get it fixed in a round about way. Here’s the thread:
led-headlight-vibrating-shaking
I actually brought a print out of your post when I went to the first dealership. They said they would have to take the whole thing out - bumper and all to verify it at my cost.

Last edited:
Back