2021 CX-5 Sport Key Fob battery shows low after changing batteries

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
Just bought a 21 CX-5 Sport with 19k from a Honda dealership. When I try to press the button to start it shows "Key not detected" and then "Key Fob Battery Low. Hold Key Close to Start Button"

So I was able to start the car by keeping the key close to the start button and pressing into it. The dealer changed the batteries of the key fobs but same issue happens.

Could this be an issue of the actual car battery going? Or do the key fobs need to be re-synced. The car still has the remaining basic warranty left for anther 2.5 months.

Try another battery in the FOB. What brand battery did the dealer put in?
Energizer always seems to be good and lasts about a year.

Never knew our cars had this. Seems like a waste of money and unnecessary complexity built into the car to save a $5 key fob battery! Glad you figured it out.

Never knew our cars had this. Seems like a waste of money and unnecessary complexity built into the car to save a $5 key fob battery! Glad you figured it out.
Yeap. YouTube is always a great place to find solutions.

It's my understanding that only the CX models that have the LARGE/HUGE fobs have this 'feature'.

$5 for a fob battery? You need another source.

Latest posts

Back