2021 CE CX-5 2.5T Needs transmission replacement at 10k miles!

That really sucks Teddy, but you have a bad dealer is basically what the problem is. You also should never fill out reviews until things are fixed to your satisfaction. That's the leverage you have in the bag to threaten them with. They do get those and will not give a $hit about you anymore if you ding them once. If they think they may get a good review, they are more willing to help or seem like they want to, but only if you didn't trash them first. It is completely inexcusable to have your personal property treated with disregard and damaged in their possession. It's really sad that nobody but yourself can be trusted to do anything even slightly competent anymore in today's society.

Last edited:
Oh, I definitely waited to fill out the reviews... (Edit: I didn't wait long enough)I honestly didn't 'trash them'. I merely stated my experience and 'slight' discontent with the Mazda product, the dealer, and the care taken with my ('new' when I brought it in, now body shop repaired, not yet mechanically repaired) car. It was just increased aggravation by the 3rd review... That ended up going to Mazda America.

Last edited:
Hello guys, hello @teddymac

What was the end of the story with your Mazda transmission noise?

I have the same problem with similar sound from transmission in my Mazda CX-5 2019.
I recorded it on a video and uploaded it here Mazda CX5 2019 AWD звук роздаточної коробки. Mazda CX5 front transfer case noise/sound

I would be thankful if you will let me know if you had the same or similar sound.
This would help me to understand how to solve the issue.

Thank you in advance.
I have the same whining sound from the front of my 2020 CX-9 GT FWD with only 20k miles and I could swear I never heard it before. Seems to be beteeen 20 and 40mph then fades. Please don't tell me its the transfer case or transmission. The transmission seems like it shifts fine though but that noise is similar to a failed power steering pump sound.

Back