2020 model year changes

The CX-9 now gets a hands free hatch. As much as I hate it, things like that sell.

"Off Road Assist"...maybe electric locking differentials. Now wouldn't that be fun. But then they'd have to add ground clearance and skid plates. Before I settled on the CX 5 I was looking at something you don't get in the US, the Mitsubishi Montero 2 door. It's traditional 4x4 with low range but interestingly only comes with automatic.

I can pretty much guarantee it'll be some form of modified traction control to allow for more wheelspin, nothing more. The 2020 model is a light refresh and not a redesign.

Wonder if there will be any physical updates to the car for this mid cycle update?

I can pretty much guarantee it'll be some form of modified traction control to allow for more wheelspin, nothing more. The 2020 model is a light refresh and not a redesign.

Yeah, most likely, it is a button that turns traction control off that allows for better actual AWD performance.

I'd like to see a credit card style key included on the upper trim levels, a neat luxury feature that would further differentiate the more expensive trims. I had this feature on my last vehicle and it is very nice being able to have a full key (including physical key) in your wallet. Land Rover has an "activity key" watchband design but I much prefer the credit card style.

I have one of those CC keys with my GX 460. They are really convenient and work even when the internal battery is dead.

s-l1600.jpg

So where is the release on Mazda's website? I'm not denying it but it seems strange that some random sales rep has this info that no one else does.

I used to work for Ford. We got data like that before anyone in the general public. It seems on the up and up, except he went against unspoken rules showing it.

I used to work for Ford. We got data like that before anyone in the general public. It seems on the up and up, except he went against unspoken rules showing it.

Maybe unspoken, but I'd bet there is a written non-disclosure requirement. I wonder if he'll get in trouble.

I'd just like to know if the #D camera will trickle down the trim levels, and if the cameras will get higher resolution...

I'd just like to know if the #D camera will trickle down the trim levels, and if the cameras will get higher resolution...

Screencap of the changes

xww50hi.jpg

As mentioned above, I expect there will be a base price increase of about $500 to cover the cost of the standard safety equipment that was previously a $625 package.

Last edited:
Back