2020 model year changes

On second glance, you're right. Overall, very minor changes year over year, as you would expect given the 17 refresh is only 2.5 years old.

I'd like to see a credit card style key included on the upper trim levels, a neat luxury feature that would further differentiate the more expensive trims. I had this feature on my last vehicle and it is very nice being able to have a full key (including physical key) in your wallet. Land Rover has an "activity key" watchband design but I much prefer the credit card style.

SO it's also keyless then? That would be cool.

So it looks like no major body changes for the 2020 CX-9.

Im not surprised, major body tooling and assembly fixtures cost hundreds of millions of dollars, so all auto manufactures try to make their current sheet metal bodies last as long as possible.

(Which in some ways as good news for we current 2016-19 CX-9 owners, our models will continue to be in style!)

Ill bet theyll likely also be doing the cheapest/easiest changes; like changing out the interior of the grill (Black?), adding a couple new body colors, changing the color of the Signature seats, and changing the alloy wheel style. (Maybe offer Black like their competition)?

(The new SUVs with level 2 semi-autonomous driving assist features are looking more and more interesting to me)

SO it's also keyless then? That would be cool.

Yeah, it is a very handy feature. It's a logical place for a key. As long as you have an antenna key system (upper trim CX-5s have one) it's a fully functional key. On my previous Lexus, there is a sensor on the back of each door handle.

TBH, I like the size of the infotainment as it is for safety reasons. Paddle shifters, who cares.

Back