2020 CX-5 Shop Manual?

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
I had downloaded at CX5 shop manual for my 2014 CX5. I was hoping there was a shop manual for the ~ 2020 series? Ed

bummer this resource hasn't been updated:

are you willing to be a guinea pig tester? since mechanically for 2017 - 2021 the vehicles are the same... get this and let the crowd know:

similar conversation:

mention:

Last edited:
are you willing to be a guinea pig tester?
get this and let the crowd know:
Don't bother - I already tried one of those Ebay manuals, and it had definitely not been updated for 2018 and newer. No CD, water cooler valve, or anything else added for the newer model years. When I asked for my money back, they first tried to tell me the manual was for all CX-5, but quickly gave in when I mentioned that Ebay is not a big fan of false advertising.

I'm sure that valid downloads will show up at some point, but I didn't want to wait some unknown amount of time for that to happen. So a couple weeks ago I bought a $30, 24 hour subscription from mazdaserviceinfo.com, and dedicated basically the entire day saving all of the service information I was interested in having, particularly all of the new stuff that I've become aware of.

I ended up with a huge pile of separate files - definitely not a user-friendly collection of data by any means, but I did get just about everything I wanted, and can get to what I need without too much effort. A big bonus for me was to also pull the entire set of wiring diagrams for my daughter's 2011 3i, which I had been fumbling along without for quite a few years. Definitely a big deal getting those!

I'm not recommending this approach to anyone else, but if you decide to do it, be prepared to dedicate that entire 24 hour period, because there's lots of stuff to sort through. And also make sure you're nimble with your keystrokes, and be able to save the pages of their manual to your computer quickly, and move along briskly.

Last edited:
Over on the reddit CX-5 subreddit, there's a list of links on the right side of the page to all the year's manuals.

Over on the reddit CX-5 subreddit, there's a list of links on the right side of the page to all the year's manuals.

Check that again --- those are OWNER's manuals, OP is looking for repair / service manuals.

1617205900288.png

and if you are talking the other subreddit

they have no quick links.

and the generic Mazda subreddit

they have this resource quick linked:

which leads you to:

which does NOT include any CX-5 repair/shop manuals.

Don't bother - I already tried one of those Ebay manuals, and it had definitely not been updated for 2018 and newer. No CD, water cooler valve, or anything else added for the newer model years. When I asked for my money back, they first tried to tell me the manual was for all CX-5, but quickly gave in when I mentioned that Ebay is not a big fan of false advertising.

I'm sure that valid downloads will show up at some point, but I didn't want to wait some unknown amount of time for that to happen. So a couple weeks ago I bought a $30, 24 hour subscription from mazdaserviceinfo.com, and dedicated basically the entire day saving all of the service information I was interested in having, particularly all of the new stuff that I've become aware of.

I ended up with a huge pile of separate files - definitely not a user-friendly collection of data by any means, but I did get just about everything I wanted, and can get to what I need without too much effort. A big bonus for me was to also pull the entire set of wiring diagrams for my daughter's 2011 3i, which I had been fumbling along without for quite a few years. Definitely a big deal getting those!

I'm not recommending this approach to anyone else, but if you decide to do it, be prepared to dedicate that entire 24 hour period, because there's lots of stuff to sort through. And also make sure you're nimble with your keystrokes, and be able to save the pages of their manual to your computer quickly, and move along briskly.
Was part of the user's name vort? I was looking at those today.

Was part of the user's name vort? I was looking at those today.
I don't remember the seller's name, but be aware that there are probably still multiple people selling this same thing. If they say 'all CX-5', you can be virtually certain that it's not going to apply to the CD models. The 2018+ manual is VERY much different than the previous gen CX-5, and has an extensive amount of CD-related changes. I'd expect the newer manual to specifically say 2018+ on the cover, or something else to indicate that it's for the newer vehicles and doesn't apply to prior CX-5 model years.

The one I see is...

Mazda CX-5 2016-2021 Service Shop Repair Manual​

IMO that will not have the CD-related changes for the 2018+ models. But you could try it and most likely be able to get a refund if that's the case.

Back