2019 VS 2021 Interior Color Changes

I currently DD a 2019 Machine Gray Grand Touring with the Sand interior. We are currently looking at CX-9’s to replace my wife's Tahoe. Yes, we would both be driving CX-9’s.

Looking at photos of the interior of the 2021 Grand Touring models neither of us is impressed with the changes made and we both feel like the changes actually make the interior look tacky instead of upscale. I get comments from everyone who rides in mine how beautiful the interior is.

Removing of the tan from the door panel and adding just a tan door handle, just does not look right and changing the center console cover from black to tan also just does not look right.

Are we crazy and nit picking?

This is the exact interior of my 2019 CX-9.

2019.jpg

Below is the 2021 interior of the Grand Touring.

2021.jpg

Nit-picking.. possibly, but crazy? Of course not! If you don't like it, you don't like it, that's all there is to it IMO.

Personally I think the tan door panel and handle with the tan armrest lids would have looked the best.

Upvote 0
its a little nit picky however you are very much right about it. for me personally i can over look those small details - but there are definitely other routes that could have been better. but i dont think they look that tacky but i can understand where you are coming from.

Upvote 0
I prefer the tan armrest. Door, I could go either.

I think both look great. But you are the one who needs to live with it.

Upvote 0
I like the 2019 better as well (I am slightly biased since I have a 2018 exactly in the same color). You could always change the armrest out for the black version, it is just a different part number, but wether that is worth the cost or not is up to you.

Why not go for a 2020 model instead if they have some left in stock?

Upvote 0
Like I mentioned in another thread or two, I would have traded in our 2019 Signature for the 2021 because of the infotainment system IF Mazda had kept the 2nd row bench and the Auburn interior or changed it to something like the Espresso on the 2022 Acura MDX. I would even consider a GT AWD if it had better interior colors. The interior color was the reason why we chose the Signature over the GT. Point is, if you don’t like it, you don’t like it.

Now, if only I could swap the 2019 infotainment system with the 2021, it’ll be perfect.

Upvote 0
Are we crazy and nit picking?

This is the exact interior of my 2019 CX-9.
Well, I guess you're not the only crazy nitpicking one, because I totally get your point. In fact, I chose a 2019 over a 2020 GT exactly because I could not handle the new color scheme which to me looks less classy, so I understand you. To each their own, I guess :)

Upvote 0
Back