2019 Floor Mats?

"Premium floor liners" are Mazda OEM liners available only in Canada. If you want the best quality and fit with genuine Mazda and CX-5 logos, Canadian OEM Premium Floor Liners are the one you want. They*re definitely not the same as 3D Maxpider liners claimed by some (see pictures for comparison).

I have owned both the 3D Maxpider and the Mazda OEM(Canadian)Premium Floor Liner mats, and while the design is different on both, they are made from the same material. That is why I have suggested in a previous post they are made by the same manufacturer, in this case, U Guard Automotive out of Canada. Here is an excerpt from their site:

"Due to our unwavering standard for quality and our commitment to providing exceptional prices to our customers, U-Guard has remained a certified OEM parts supplier to various manufacturers including Mazda, Hyundai, and KIA Canada since 2009".

You can find information on their 3D Maxpider Mats (and their various other automotive products) on their website:

http://uguardautomotive.com/

Last edited:
I agree ! "Canadian OEM Premium Floor Liners are the one you want !"

I throw in with you guys. That's what I got and have yet to see or imagine anything better.

While you're at it. The Canadian wire harness for the tow hitch is also the best. Doesn't require cutting anything or running a cable from the battery.

I throw in with you guys. That's what I got and have yet to see or imagine anything better.

While you're at it. The Canadian wire harness for the tow hitch is also the best. Doesn't require cutting anything or running a cable from the battery.

Another vote for both these items...gee, I wonder from whom I originally got both suggestions? (drinks)

Another vote for both these items...gee, I wonder from whom I originally got both suggestions? (drinks)

Glad the posts helped somebody. It was a risk to order the wire harness. I could get no explanation why the difference between it and the US, and took a chance that it would fit and work perfectly (which it does).

It seems that Canadians must have higher expectations and in the US we just take what we're given.

It seems that Canadians must have higher expectations and in the US we just take what we're given.

I just chalked it up to regional sourcing differences, just like we see in the other standard accessories that in reality can vary a bit in function/appearance country to country. To save costs and expenses, I always assumed car manufacturers will seek as local as possible sourcing for non-factory/port accessories.

I just learned from another thread the other day that the CX-5 OEM Australian hitch isn't a receiver-style type like here in the US. Apparently, in general Australians tend to prefer the type sold there. But of course that possible reason for differences has no bearing on a wiring harness for a trailer!

Regardless, I am always a bit worried about tap-style connections no matter how secure, so the Canadian harness was a no-brainer for me. Thank you again for being an advocate of that so I was aware!

Yep...those Aussie hitches look pretty nifty. Click on the video in the link below that shows how it works.

https://www.mazda.com.au/accessory-pack/KFACTB

Those are slick. And the price reflects it (US$900 versus US$450 for our standard hitch).

But still, it's interesting that I've never seen that style available in the states at any price...not anyone's OEM and not after-market.

I wonder why. It's a real clean look. And for only $7.50 a month on a 5 year loan...

Last edited:
Yep...those Aussie hitches look pretty nifty. Click on the video in the link below that shows how it works.

https://www.mazda.com.au/accessory-pack/KFACTB

Not being familiar with what's going on inside, the Australian hitch makes me a little uncomfortable that the tongue load is applied in the "uninstall" direction of the hitch. It seems that all of the tongue is tugging on whatever "latch" is holding the hitch in place.

Not being familiar with what's going on inside, the Australian hitch makes me a little uncomfortable that the tongue load is applied in the "uninstall" direction of the hitch. It seems that all of the tongue is tugging on whatever "latch" is holding the hitch in place.

I was thinking the same thing.(uhm)

This is a european style of hitch and is common on german cars. If I had found this site before, I might have gone with one of these as it is a much cleaner look. But to see how it works check out this page:

https://etowbars.com/us/Towbars/Mazda/CX-5/Mazda-CX-5-Invisible-Towbar-2017

PDF instructions below too. Not quite as versatile as a 2" receiver unless they make some kind of adapter. Rated for 2100 Kg trailer, so as good as it gets for our cars.

EDIT - looks like in Europe there are all kinds of accessories that just drop on top of the ball - i guess i will go a different route next time.

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/cargo-carrier/towbar-cargo-carriers/thule-easybase-_-949000

Last edited:
I had Maxpiders in my last CX-5 and after 3 years there was wear through the top layer where my right heal rested on the mat in front of the accelerator pedal. Now I have the Mazda all weather (Canadian) mats that I am certain are made for Mazda by the same company that makes the Maxpiders. The material looks exactly the same other than a slight difference in the pattern. The only issue I have at the moment is that after 3 months of owning these mats, and salty snow on the mats, the clips(under the mats) holding the CX-5 badges in place have rusted off. Hopefully Mazda can resolve this for me, as I have explained my concern to them already.

I am surprised no one seems to have acknowledged this comment, although repeated multiple time. I also saw similar comments on reviews of the 3dmaxpider online. As anyone else had the same issue with these mats ?

kdaug, did you manage to resolve the clip rusting issue ?

I am surprised no one seems to have acknowledged this comment, although repeated multiple time. I also saw similar comments on reviews of the 3dmaxpider online. As anyone else had the same issue with these mats ?

No response from my dealer as of yet so I'll take my mats in next week and just ask for a new pair. You'd think they would just ask the manufacturer for a new set of CX-5 mat badges and clips. When I had similar issues with my old Maxpiders the supplier sent new badges and clips right away. Maybe I should contact the manufacturer directly myself.

I was in to see my dealer yesterday and he said he hadn't heard anything back from Mazda so he agreed, on my request, to just order me a new set of front mats. When they arrive I'll get them to dab a generous amount of silicone on the CX-5 badge pins and clips in hopes that this will stop the winter time corrosion.

Finally...my dealer came through with a new set of mats and low and behold, the manufacturer has redesigned the system that connects the CX-5 badges to the Mazda All Weather "Canadian"mats. It now looks like it is riveted to a metal bar on the back of the mat rather than 3 round clips that press on to the 3 pins that protrude through the mat. The first of the attached pictures show the 3 round clips that have fallen off the corroded pins that now barely protrude through the mat. The second picture shows the new redesigned bar holding the badge in place.

Mat 1.jpg

Mat 2.jpg

I have also contacted the manufacturer (UGuard Automotive) to find out what kind of material is used in the pins going through the mat and if I need to do anything to prevent future corrosion, such as put silicone on the pins. I'll report back later on what they tell me. I assume that the BD Maxpider's will have the same upgrade in how the badges are attached.

Last edited:
I just got the Canadian OEM floor mats (front and rear) from Mazdaparts.org. One week free delivery from Ontario Canada to California. I love them. They have the same clip system as your second photo, through a metal bar. I look forward to hearing what the manufacturer says about rust prevention. I don't think we salt our roads, but lots of snow and mud in the Sierra Nevadas.

...And as to the other question, we also got the 3DMAX cargo liner, and this is also very nice. There are specific cut out areas that you can cut to expose the other set of tiedowns on the cargo floor towards the seat backs. There are relief pockets molded in within the cutout area, so it should be straightforward to follow the outline with an exacto. We do have the floor mount cargo net installed, so I will be cutting them out.

I didn't cut them out yet as I didnt have time last night, so I can't comment on that yet. The other two tiedown brackets are installed on the rear wall (on either side of liftgate), and cargo line has depression reliefs in the lip of the liner in each spot, so no cutting required here.

Did you ever cut the cargo net clips for the cargo mat? And how happy are you with the cargo liner? Im debating between these and the OEM heavy duty liner. I like the less plastic/rubbery feel of the Canadian premium OEM floor mats. I had Weather Techs in my Subaru Outback and they seem a bit utilitarian for my spiffy new CX-5.

Back