2019 CX-9 Purchase

My wife and I are close to a deal on a 2019 CX 9. I was hoping to get some feedback on ownership - reliability, cost of typical repairs etc. The CX 9 we are looking at comes with the upgraded 20" wheels and I am somewhat put off by the replacement cost. They do look awesome though.

Honestly, when my 2018 needed new tires - at 50K miles, I purchased them on tirerack.com. Got a set of Pirelli Scoprion Verde Tires and had them installed a local shop (they ship directly to shop). The total price was less than $1000. And the best part is that the tires were 100X better. Quieter, more traction, very slight drop in gas mileage but nothing major. Liked the process so much, I replaced the tires on two other cars the same way.

I would also say that on my 2018 CX-9, the only thing I ever did was change the oil and replace the tires. Loved my CX-9. I also very rarely ever used 93 octane. For me, 87 was fine.

Thanks for your input. The CX-9 we are looking at has 20100 km (roughly 12000 miles) so should be good for a couple of years, especially since I will run snows for the winter.
Glad to hear it's been really reliable for you. I know our previous Mazdas were.

Thanks for your input. The CX-9 we are looking at has 20100 km (roughly 12000 miles) so should be good for a couple of years, especially since I will run snows for the winter.
Glad to hear it's been really reliable for you. I know our previous Mazdas were.

Yeah, I was a honda guy really. Bought a CX-5 in 2014, added a Mazda 3 for my son in 2017 and bought a CX-9 in 2018 that was replaced (accident) with a 2021 model this year. I also convinced my brother to trade in his 4 series BMW coupe that was giving him nothing but trouble for a Mazda 3 AWD Turbo. We have become a strange and wacky Mazda family.

Must say, there is certainly something about Mazdas. After owning 3 various models now my brother and 2 cousins have all purchased CX-5s in last couple of years. They always had a great rep for reliability but used to rust really fast. Seems they have stepped up their game and are much better. My 2012 Mazda 5 has over 200,000 and 10 salty Canadian winters and is still rust free.

Can you share the price (car, total) and mileage? I get my 19 model AWD 3000 miles at a total of $35000 this week and wish to see if the price is reasonable.

We got ours for $29,000 CDN. It is a base GS with FWD with just over 20000km/12000 miles . It did come with a few accessories we wanted and they don't seem to factor that much in the pricing so for us seemed a really good deal.
Yours sounds reasonable as well, considering the very low mileage. Was it a demo?

We got ours for $29,000 CDN. It is a base GS with FWD with just over 20000km/12000 miles . It did come with a few accessories we wanted and they don't seem to factor that much in the pricing so for us seemed a really good deal.
Yours sounds reasonable as well, considering the very low mileage. Was it a demo?
Thanks for sharing your information. It is actually a used personal car but looks like the previous owner did not drive much

Back