2019-2020 CX-9 Cargo Area Dimensions

Close at 5.7 with the bigger engine. Warranty is 4 yrs and 35.7cu ft with third row down but it comes in at $79K. Nice interior but an ugly puss :)

5.0 to 60 could be tricky, unless you really blow the budget open. Even BMW and range rover top end SUVs just barely get there that fast. Compacts get there, but you need cargo space.

Id think the fastest for somewhat in the same price range is the Durango. Or the Gr Cherokee but that get up there in $ and I'm not sure of it's cargo space.

Maybe after market tuning?

As much as I'm no longer a domestic guy, I do like the Durango...

5.0 to 60 could be tricky, unless you really blow the budget open. Even BMW and range rover top end SUVs just barely get there that fast. Compacts get there, but you need cargo space.

Id think the fastest for somewhat in the same price range is the Durango. Or the Gr Cherokee but that get up there in $ and I'm not sure of it's cargo space.

Maybe after market tuning?

As much as I'm no longer a domestic guy, I do like the Durango...

I'm not a domestic guy either, been there, done that and have had better luck with reliability with foreign cars. I don't much care for the Durango's interior though I do like the exterior design and if you go for the SRT version, well, forget about any kind of gas mileage and it would cost more than by current brand. The X5 was my go to car till I learned about the reliability issues...0-60 in 5.2 which is what I have now with my X3 but the X5 gives a bit more cargo room and although it has run flats, which I hate, it also offers a spare tire option that does not reduce cargo space. Had it been reliable, it would be in my garage now. Such is life! We drove the new X3 M40i, the wife hated it and the issue with that is if you want the spare tire option it reduces cargo space due to the cargo floor raising 3" - ugh

I started this search last year, I have quite a spreadsheet going with all the cars and their attributes but it seems the SUV market isn't heading in the direction that suits me. We like a bigger car for trips and one where we sit a bit higher so sedans, wagons, etc are out. When we're home we run around in the wife's GTi but for trips we need comfort, space and protection. We drove from NY to Florida to California to Florida and back to NY two years ago, nearly 12,000 miles round trip, that's when we solidified the kind of car our next one would be :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Trip.jpg
    Trip.jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 506
Awesome, that's one heck of a road trip Martino!!! (drinks) If covering long miles wasn't a requirement, I was going to say that the Tesla Model X might will check all of your other boxes. I was surprised how much room it has on the inside. And as we all know, they are rather quick. :D

It does take a little getting used to larger SUV over a 5-second car, but you will still be happy with the CX-9. When we had a 2013 CX-9 with the older V6 (my wife's), I also drove a 2004 M3. I actually enjoyed driving both vehicles. While looking to get the 2018 CX-9 with the turbo'ed 4 cylinder, I was worried that I would not like it as much. Thankfully I can report that the new CX-9 feels peppier than the V6 version did...meaning it's actually slightly funner to drive. It is not something I am able to say for basically all of the other SUVs we test drove (with 3 rows which was a must for my family).

Awesome, that's one heck of a road trip Martino!!! (drinks) If covering long miles wasn't a requirement, I was going to say that the Tesla Model X might will check all of your other boxes. I was surprised how much room it has on the inside. And as we all know, they are rather quick. :D

It does take a little getting used to larger SUV over a 5-second car, but you will still be happy with the CX-9. When we had a 2013 CX-9 with the older V6 (my wife's), I also drove a 2004 M3. I actually enjoyed driving both vehicles. While looking to get the 2018 CX-9 with the turbo'ed 4 cylinder, I was worried that I would not like it as much. Thankfully I can report that the new CX-9 feels peppier than the V6 version did...meaning it's actually slightly funner to drive. It is not something I am able to say for basically all of the other SUVs we test drove (with 3 rows which was a must for my family).

Well Gitter, here's hoping it all works out but if not, no worries, with each passing model year new features/options pop up that weren't offered before along with a renewed hope. I just don't want to own a boring or ugly car ;)

Well Gitter, here's hoping it all works out but if not, no worries, with each passing model year new features/options pop up that weren't offered before along with a renewed hope. I just don't want to own a boring or ugly car ;)

Maybe you could wait until Mazda publishes more info about the inline six engine and new RWD platform they're developing, and which models the new tech would debut on. I'd imagine that an AWD CX-9 with a RWD-based chassis tuned by Mazda, powered by an inline six would be a LOT of fun to drive. If they released something like that, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to convince the wife to trade up, haha.

Maybe you could wait until Mazda publishes more info about the inline six engine and new RWD platform they're developing, and which models the new tech would debut on. I'd imagine that an AWD CX-9 with a RWD-based chassis tuned by Mazda, powered by an inline six would be a LOT of fun to drive. If they released something like that, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to convince the wife to trade up, haha.

I didn't know they were going to go in that direction. I live in NY, I like the AWD aspect and I'm not an early adopter of new technology, just too many issues to deal with when you are 1,000's of miles from home. I think by the time they come out with that, my current brand should have cleaned up their act. There are a few SUV's out there that have the cargo space I want but they're ugly and some are boring and those that aren't, are unreliable as it seems everyone is in the midst of beating each other to the high tech arena and are having to deal with the infantile issues that seem abundant and unsolvable.

Whether I buy a Mazda or not, due to the people on this forum who have offered up, like you, I am really interested in driving one!

That is a crazy trip! Yup, duffel bags ain't gonna work for that. I just do few days to local ski hills or cottages (lakehouse in US? Cabin?) but for that type of trip you need space.

I like the Telluride's looks but I can see why some might not. Sort of a two box design and flashy lights isn't for all. But it is doing very well in reviews. The competition will be looking at what they've done.

I didn't need that kind of size, but it is a compelling package overall.

Back