2018 Grand Touring AWD Tire Recommendations?

My current tires are around 5/32 with some spots at 4/32. Should I wait or is it best to replace, especially with winter approaching?
Yep it’s boarder line for changing the tires. Looks like you have 2017 CX-5 Touring and your OE tires are 225/65R17 Yokohama Geolandar G91A‘s. I’d be toward more on changing them if I were you. Get a set of H-rated 225/65R17 Continental CrossContact LX25‘s as there’s manufacture $70 Visa Prepaid Card by 8/31/2020.

The Yokohama yk740 gtx may be a Discount Tire exclusive. That said, i have had very good luck with the Yokohamas made for DT

UHP regarding the comfort discussion? I usually avoid UHP, because of the low tread life and high cost.
For superior performance - Wet, dry, handling, grip AND comfort/noise, A summer performance tire should be superior to even the best A/S. That being said, more expensive and lower mileage warranty. I put a premium on tires and in Phoenix all my cars have summer performance tires. - performance doesn't mean Mustang/Camaro, it just refers to the aforementioned qualities

What is the main difference between Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season and Grand Touring All-Season categories? I do not see Continental CrossContact LX25 in Grand Touring All-Season category. For my 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring, which category does it belong to?
Some manufacturers state that the tire they make under the category Crossover/SUV tires are constructed differently to account for the difference in a higher center of gravity and handling characteristics of an SUV. Sounds logical, but could also be marketing lingo?

I noticed some tires were in both categories.

There is plenty of marketing lingo, that's for sure.

Yep it’s boarder line for changing the tires. Looks like you have 2017 CX-5 Touring and your OE tires are 225/65R17 Yokohama Geolandar G91A‘s. I’d be toward more on changing them if I were you. Get a set of H-rated 225/65R17 Continental CrossContact LX25‘s as there’s manufacture $70 Visa Prepaid Card by 8/31/2020.

Online they claim 5/32 is minimum for snow traction and 4/32 is minimum for highway rain use to prevent hydroplaning.

The Conti's looks like great tires and with the rebate, the set is for $530

I wouldn't change then at 4/32 unless your expecting to drive much in snow. Rain shouldn't be a problem for the careful driver. Ed

I got Continental CrossContact LX25 installed, thanks all!

Me too. Got a set of 17” LX25’s for my wife’s RAV4. Baby’s got new shoes!

Replaced a set of Conti True Contacts that were down to to 4 or 5/32nds after 40k miles over 5 years. So much for the 90k mile warranty. Was sooo glad we bought the TC’s at Discount Tire - got $50 credit for each. They took GREAT care of us as usual.

We’ll see how long the 19” TC’s last on my CX-5. Sitting at 15 k miles after 18 months. Look and drive like new. Fantastic tire and the best place to get them!

Replaced a set of Conti True Contacts that were down to to 4 or 5/32nds after 40k miles over 5 years. So much for the 90k mile warranty. Was sooo glad we bought the TC’s at Discount Tire - got $50 credit for each. They took GREAT care of us as usual.
Yeah this has always been the best part of getting the tires from Discount Tire Store! They don’t hesitate to give you credit of unused miles base on mileage warranty with 4 or 5/32nds of tread left when you get the next new set of tires from them.

I replaced the Toyo's on my previous CX-5 GT with the Michelin Premier LTX (225/55/19), and absolutely loved them. When the Toyo's on my current CX-5 come due for replacement the Premier LTX will be at the top of my list once again.

I'm about to buy new tires for our 2019 CX-5 Signature. I absolutely hate the OEM Toyo A36 tires They howl and tread life was abysmal. I was surprised to learn that these OEM tires only had a tread life rating of 300...makes sense now that we only got 25K miles out of them. I've had summer high performance tires do better than that!

We will likely go with a new set of Continental Crosscontact LX25 tires - seems to be a really solid tire based upon what I've read on this forum and the online tirerack reviews.

I'm about to buy new tires for our 2019 CX-5 Signature. I absolutely hate the OEM Toyo A36 tires They howl and tread life was abysmal. I was surprised to learn that these OEM tires only had a tread life rating of 300...makes sense now that we only got 25K miles out of them. I've had summer high performance tires do better than that!

We will likely go with a new set of Continental Crosscontact LX25 tires - seems to be a really solid tire based upon what I've read on this forum and the online tirerack reviews.
Unfortunately you just missed $70 Visa gift card by purchasing Continental CrossContact LX25 which has just ended on August 31. But keep checking ⋯

Yeah I saw that. Oh well! I just bought tires for our Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday. It's tire time in our household unfortunately all at the same time, lol!

Back