2018 CX-9 Rear USB not working

pgarring

:
2018 Mazda CX-9 GT
Before I take it over to the dealership thought I'd reach out to make sure it wasn't simple I was missing. The rear USBs (2.1A in the 2nd Row Console) are not working. Any ideas?

Phillip

Check the fuses box inside the cabin. Look at the number 15, R.OUTLET1

fuse1.jpg

fuse2.jpg

Thanks, went out and checked it, still looked good. went ahead and checked the other two (R.Outlet2 is under the hood)and they all checked out as well. Stuck my head under the seat but all the harness connections that I could see seemed connected well. Afraid this is going to have to be a dealer fix :(

Thanks, went out and checked it, still looked good. went ahead and checked the other two (R.Outlet2 is under the hood)and they all checked out as well. Stuck my head under the seat but all the harness connections that I could see seemed connected well. Afraid this is going to have to be a dealer fix :(

Well, in that case, you should. Hopefully it's something easy to fix by the dealer.

Before I take it over to the dealership thought I'd reach out to make sure it wasn't simple I was missing. The rear USBs (2.1A in the 2nd Row Console) are not working. Any ideas?

Phillip

Just to confirm...In what way are they not working for you? Are you trying to play something or charge something?

Just to confirm...In what way are they not working for you? Are you trying to play something or charge something?

They're not recognizing that anything is plugged in. No charging, not showing up in any way on the infotainment (not sure if they're supposed to?). I've got an appointment scheduled with the dealership to figure out what's wrong later this week.

They're not recognizing that anything is plugged in. No charging, not showing up in any way on the infotainment (not sure if they're supposed to?). I've got an appointment scheduled with the dealership to figure out what's wrong later this week.

The rear USB ports are only for charging purposes only.

Went to service department today. Ended up being a bad USB port assembly (power was all the way up to actual USB connection) new assembly on order, should be able to pop out the old one, pop in a new one. Sucks that a brand new car came with a bad USB but easy enough to fix other than a couple trips to the service department.

Back