2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Leather Seat Issue

Checking Back in. had an apointment with the dealership this morning, and they will replace the leather and some of the seat component under warranty.

Can you post a pic of the seat once replaced, im keen to see if the "bubble" as im sure it will be referred to from now on is still there or is everything tight like the 1st gen.

Can you post a pic of the seat once replaced, im keen to see if the "bubble" as im sure it will be referred to from now on is still there or is everything tight like the 1st gen.

Had the work done, here are the details:
Before Photo:

IMG_20180305_164717.jpeg

After Photo:

IMG_20180316_094542.jpg

Work Order Details (French)

IMG_20180316_100154.jpg

Translated to English:

CUSTOMER MENTIONS TO CHECK AIR BUBBLE ON LEATHER DRIVER SEAT, VERIFY BOTTOM LEATHER TRIM FROM DRIVER SIDE, IT MAKES A BUBBLE. DID A FLASH TECH NO 65062. ORDER THE LEATHER TRIM AND LEFT FRONT BOTTOM CUSHION. replace buttock leather and foam buttocks. The old one had to be dismounted to put a pin in front so that the leather could hold on the buttocks and transfer a foam to the side of the buttocks.

Translated to English:

CUSTOMER MENTIONS TO CHECK AIR BUBBLE ON LEATHER DRIVER SEAT, VERIFY BOTTOM LEATHER TRIM FROM DRIVER SIDE, IT MAKES A BUBBLE. DID A FLASH TECH NO 65062. ORDER THE LEATHER TRIM AND LEFT FRONT BOTTOM CUSHION. replace buttock leather and foam buttocks. The old one had to be dismounted to put a pin in front so that the leather could hold on the buttocks and transfer a foam to the side of the buttocks.

So we can replaced it then. I going to see my dealer to see what he says about mine. Mine is a lot worse than your before photo. It is very bulgy.

So we can replaced it then. I going to see my dealer to see what he says about mine. Mine is a lot worse than your before photo. It is very bulgy.

I'm sure it depends on the dealer, but mine did not even put up a fight, they replaced it no questions asked.

I have this same issue with my 2017 GT as well. The good news is that the dealer is covering under warranty. The bad news is that I don't know if is the passenger seat as well since I haven't had anyone really ride with me consistently yet.

I have this same issue with my 2017 GT as well. The good news is that the dealer is covering under warranty. The bad news is that I don't know if is the passenger seat as well since I haven't had anyone really ride with me consistently yet.

Mine is like this... i am sure it came that way. I don't think it is an affect of wear and I doubt your passenger seat will every show this problem. Mine has not.

Had the work done, here are the details:
Before Photo:

View attachment 218786

After Photo:

View attachment 218785

Work Order Details (French)

View attachment 218784

Translated to English:

Much better now!

So seems like a production issue where they are not putting it together properly causing an air bubble to occur

I have 2015 cx5 gt, the leather still looks good after 4 years of use
This is clearly a manufacturer defect in the new model

Much better now!

So seems like a production issue where they are not putting it together properly causing an air bubble to occur

Well, the "bubble" is back. It was good for about a week and it came back. Must be something in the design or the way i sit? Perhaps by butt is too bony and is creating a pressure point that causes the material to stretch (boom01)

Well, the "bubble" is back. It was good for about a week and it came back. Must be something in the design or the way i sit? Perhaps by butt is too bony and is creating a pressure point that causes the material to stretch (boom01)

Wow, a week!?! Is it even worth going back to the dealer to go through all that troubles X_X ... *sigh* and I was planning to get mine looked at.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. I'm getting mine fixed in April. I'll report back if the bubble comes back as well.

Wow, a week!?! Is it even worth going back to the dealer to go through all that troubles X_X ... *sigh* and I was planning to get mine looked at.

I've have an appointment with them next week to get by wheels swapped over to my summer tires, i will have them look at it then. But I doubt they will do this a second time..

That's no good :(

I've only had my brand new 2018 CX-5 for a week, and now the driver's seat is already wrinkling and getting pumpy.

Anyone else having same issue soon after about a week?

Thank you.

My driver seat is at least that bad. I assume it came that way off of the assembly line and Mazda considers that acceptable. It wouldn't have occurred to me that the dealer would take a complaint about that seriously.

I want to post few pictures of my parchment leather but I don't quite know how to do it. Could one of you give me a tutorial on how to do it on this forum? Thanks in advance.

Back