2018 CX-5 Connect Firmware and Apple CarPlay

Greetings,

I have been shopping around for a SUV \ crossover for a few months now, and a 2018 CX-5 has become available at my local Mazda dealership. The price offering the dealership has given me is quite attractive, plus I absolutely love how this CX-5 drives.

My question is, this 2018 CX-5 does not include Apple Car Play, however there is an upgrade available, and I believe it costs around $400 (from some Googling). I come from an IT background, and have watched a number of YouTube videos, so I feel that this is a task that I could do on my own (recognize there is some dash and console dismantling). Before I purchase this vehicle, I want to ensure that the dealer installs the most recent firmware for the Mazda’s Connect infotainment system. I will be checking the car again tomorrow and will verify what version is currently installed.

I am interested if anyone could let me know what would be the most recent Mazda Connect firmware version number for a 2018 CX-5, just so can specify when I meet with the dealer again tomorrow. Also, in case geographic location has any relevance, I live in Canada, and I know that this CX-5 was assembled in Japan, but for a North American market.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this

Cheers,
Torbuck

Greetings,

I have been shopping around for a SUV \ crossover for a few months now, and a 2018 CX-5 has become available at my local Mazda dealership. The price offering the dealership has given me is quite attractive, plus I absolutely love how this CX-5 drives.

My question is, this 2018 CX-5 does not include Apple Car Play, however there is an upgrade available, and I believe it costs around $400 (from some Googling). I come from an IT background, and have watched a number of YouTube videos, so I feel that this is a task that I could do on my own (recognize there is some dash and console dismantling). Before I purchase this vehicle, I want to ensure that the dealer installs the most recent firmware for the Mazda’s Connect infotainment system. I will be checking the car again tomorrow and will verify what version is currently installed.

I am interested if anyone could let me know what would be the most recent Mazda Connect firmware version number for a 2018 CX-5, just so can specify when I meet with the dealer again tomorrow. Also, in case geographic location has any relevance, I live in Canada, and I know that this CX-5 was assembled in Japan, but for a North American market.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this

Cheers,
Torbuck
Basically anything that starts with v70.xx.xxx supports Android auto and CarPlay. I just did mine at the dealership and my version started with 70.xx.xxx. Can't remember exactly but previous "newest" firmware without Android auto and CarPlay started with v59.xx.xxx.

I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring and just had the Mazda Connect Software Update on April 17. On the paperwork it reads XX703FFX Updated Software Release for Mazda Connect. Underneath it also says 362621 ISP. The update was free.

I purchased a used 2018 Mazda CX-5 sport. Adding Android Auto and Apple Airplay cost me under $175 and took less than an hour. $8 from Amazon for nylon trim removal tools and $165 for the genuine Mazda parts from eBay. There's a YouTube video describing how to install in the CX-5 and the year of the vehicle they used is 2018. About 15 minutes long. You only need remove 2 trim panels and the center console bin, loosen the center console itself but no removal needed and then 2 philips screws and 2 11mm metric nuts to remove the display unit. The kit contains 2 cables with each uniquely keyed and the ends keyed so you can't install the cable backwards or in the wrong location. You get a replacement bit that goes into the center console bin. Its the box with the navigation SD card slot, 2 USB ports and a power tap.

Since it is a Mazda dealer, have you asked them to install it at their cost? Tell them IT'S A DEAL if they just do that.

Back